cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Thompson218
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 7

Gmail not picking up changes?

I use Thunderbird (IMAP) on my Windows 10 devices and Gmail on Android to sync with BT/Yahoo account. When I move email from my inbox into folders using Thunderbird the Gmail devices used to (I'm pretty sure because I've never noticed this before!!) pick up the changes. Just done this today and my inbox has about 10 items in it in Thunderbird, when I check on webmail it reflects Thunderbird. On my Android devices the inbox is still full of all the email I have moved.

Any thoughts / suggestions please.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 7

Re: Gmail not picking up changes?

@Thompson218 wrote:

I use Thunderbird (IMAP) on my Windows 10 devices and Gmail on Android to sync with BT/Yahoo account. When I move email from my inbox into folders using Thunderbird the Gmail devices used to (I'm pretty sure because I've never noticed this before!!) pick up the changes. Just done this today and my inbox has about 10 items in it in Thunderbird, when I check on webmail it reflects Thunderbird. On my Android devices the inbox is still full of all the email I have moved.

Any thoughts / suggestions please.

Hi.

Has, by any chance, the auto-sync been turned off on your Android? What happens when you force a sync with the server?

0 Ratings
Thompson218
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 7

Hi Andy, drag down forces a sync and have done that manyv times. I had also checked hat sync hadnt been turned off and it was still set at 15mins.

FTF

0 Ratings
Thompson218
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 7

Just wondering if its working in pop3 instead of imap. Is there a wah to tell?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Thompson218
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 7

Checked and def imap but incoming server is set to android.imap.mail.yahoo.com

Tried changing to mail.btinternet.com but says theres something wrong.

Any ideas?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 7

@Thompson218 wrote:

Checked and def imap but incoming server is set to android.imap.mail.yahoo.com

Tried changing to mail.btinternet.com but says theres something wrong.

Any ideas?

Hi again.

Never heard of the server with android at the start, if anything it's imap.mail.yahoo.com

The server is definitely mail.btinternet.com, the Yahoo imap server should only be used if access fails with the proper one - and only for BTYahoo accounts.

Make sure the port is 993 (465 for smtp) and SSL set.

0 Ratings
Thompson218
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 7

Its now on imap.mail.yahoo.com but mail still not synching. Im getting new email but it doesnt sync.

0 Ratings