Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Expert
Message 1 of 8

Has Zoom been blocked at BT?

Go to solution

I have been asked to install Zoom so that we can take part in a property owners meeting. I thought the choice of Zoom would be ideal as it has the ability to add subtitles. Anyway, that's not the point. I have been waiting 6 hours for the original confirmation email from Zoom and a second requested because the first did not arrive.

I have no spam filters set on my account and wondered whether the BT's own spam filters may have rather over-enthusiastically assumed the incoming may be spam?

Is there any way to check this?

Thanks.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Has Zoom been blocked at BT?

Go to solution

I would not say it is a general BT setting if your Zoom email is not getting through. I have set up a Zoom account and received the email no problem. 

Presumably you have checked via webmail that the email is not in your spam folder.

If it is not there it might be worth setting up a gmail account and use that for the verification.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks. I will try again with my gmail account.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

I tried signing up and like you no email  however I used my facebook sign in and it was instant

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

I always use a Gmail address for anything that I sign up to these days, you can't rely on the BT email system.

Highlighted
Expert
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Nothing via gmail either. Must be a Zoom thing. Oh well, if the emails come through, at least I will have two accounts.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

For those interested, the activation email has at last arrived together with the others I requested.

Further, the gmail activation also arrived!

Obviously the delay was Zoom (perhaps Sloth may be a better more appropriate name)

Yippee - I have two Zoom accounts. Not really happy with Zoom, thanks to the Chinese connection. However, our apartment block comprises owner residents, rental and holiday homes. 

Zoom was suggested by the block management company to enable us to hold a rather belated 6 monthly meeting.

Should be fun (not).

Highlighted
Expert
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

@Carlushawrote:

For those interested, the activation email has at last arrived together with the others I requested.

Further, the gmail activation also arrived!

Obviously the delay was Zoom (perhaps Sloth may be a better more appropriate name)

Yippee - I have two Zoom accounts. Not really happy with Zoom, thanks to the Chinese connection. However, our apartment block comprises owner residents, rental and holiday homes. 

Zoom was suggested by the block management company to enable us to hold a rather belated 6 monthly meeting.

Should be fun (not).

Just a heads up, unless you are hosting the meeting you do not have to register an account with Zoom, you can download the App to Android/iOS or to a Win 10 PC. 

Kind Regards
CJT80
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings