cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
manintheknow
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Have BT found a new way of screwing up their customers emails?

I've just been trying to access one of my email accounts.....nothing new there when it fails to recognise the account, so step 2 was to login the webmail.  Went to BT.Com logged in and got diverted to the Yahoo login page, entered the email address only to find that the address was not recognised.  Checked (as Primary acccount holder) in the list of my accounts and found the address has vanished.  

Any suggestions?  Do I just give up for a couple of days and hibernate until it fixes itself?

GRRRRRRRRRR

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Cicero
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: Have BT found a new way of screwing up their customers emails?

It seems so.

Using the "new" email on my desktop it is so slow, the circle keeps appearing even when trying to access the contents of mail box. Any mail box with more messages than cover a page, wow .

On my Ipad I keep getting message that the mail.btinternet server is not responding many times a day, eventually emails arrive but something is not right. Responses to Android based machines seem OK but even then I get messages telling my email cant sign on then I get an email through without signing on.

Whatever has been done can it please be undone so that normal customer service can be resumed.

0 Ratings
New_To_UK
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 4

You cannot login from the yahoo login page anymore.

If you enter your email address, if it exists, it redirects you to the bt.com/email login page.

on the yahoo.com page, if you enter your bt email address, and the error is "Sorry, we don't recognise this email address", then it means your email has been deleted.

You need to login every 90 days for the email to be considered active. 

0 Ratings
manintheknow
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Yup email was in daily use, server change apparently caused the email account to be MIA.
0 Ratings