cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mattgrant26
Message 1 of 6

Having problems sending emails from samsung tablet and samsung galaxy 4 since update

Since BT updated its web mail i have been unable to send emails from my Samsung tablet and Samsung galaxy 4 phone, i keep getting sent message as "failed"

i am receiving emails ok and have all the correct detail input on the incoming and outgoing server as advised 

anyone any suggestions

cheers

Matt

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Having problems sending emails from samsung tablet and samsung galaxy 4 since update

check to make sure your settings are correct

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44917/~/what-are-the-settings-for-outgoing-and-incomi...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
mattgrant26
Message 3 of 6

Re: Having problems sending emails from samsung tablet and samsung galaxy 4 since update

Many thanks

I have already went through all of this, deleting my account and then adding again with IMAP then POP3 settings and still no luck

cheers

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 6

@mattgrant26wrote:

Many thanks

I have already went through all of this, deleting my account and then adding again with IMAP then POP3 settings and still no luck

cheers

Hi, welcome to the forums.

Updating of webmail has no affect on app/client access as they are different things.

Can you send emails from webmail?

If not, then the reason for this could be account lockout due to the system believing your account has been sending spam - but the system always gets this wrong. This has happened to others before, and can self clear after a day or so, but for others this needed moderator intervention to unlock the account.

0 Ratings
mattgrant26
Message 5 of 6

Many thanks

However, still no luck with my samsung tablet

Still not able to send emails

The settings are all correct as per the advise / instructions

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Welcome back to the Community @mattgrant26.

Thanks for taking the time to post.

Have you checked to see if you can send emails from webmail as suggested by @Andy_N?

Thanks

Matt

0 Ratings