cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Help! All my clients' emails being rejected by recipients with BT addresses

Hi,

I tried contacting the BT Postmaster about this but have only received one reply, asking for more information and a test email, which I did on Monday. No reply since. They must be very busy.

We run a small software business that provides websites for clubs and societies to communicate with their members. Our clients, the clubs and societies, send emails to their members using our myClubhouse websites and these are sent via a Netcore mail server (https://netcorecloud.com/).

Recently, since 10th September 22:55, we have noticed none of our clients’ emails are getting through to BT email addresses, but the reason given is just “(no answer from host)”.

For example:

"213.120.69.89 - 4.4.1 (no answer from host)"

"213.120.69.2 - 4.4.1 (no answer from host)"

213.120.69.89 and 213.120.69.2 are BT IP addresses.

We have over 200 clubs and societies relying on our system to communicate with their members, so obviously this is a major problem for us.

I am not getting any clues from BT about what the problems might be and how we can fix it. Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

Thank you so much.

Joanne

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Help! All my clients' emails being rejected by recipients with BT addresses

The first thing to check is that your SMTP server has all the correct SPF, DKIM and DMARC settings configured correctly.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Hi, thanks for your reply.

Yes, we do have all these settings as we have been using this system for decades and try to keep up to date with the policies. Netcore would not allow us to use their servers if we did not have the correct settings in place. BT must either be looking for a specific policy that we don't have or they don't like our servers or our content. But this would be something that is common to all our clients and none of them are spammers. I wish they could tell us what it was that we were doing wrong!

Thanks,

Joanne

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Unfortunately, the BT spam filters are notoriously flaky and lurch back and forth between being overly zealous and overly lax.

I'm afraid all you can do is continue to pursue the BT postmaster for a resolution.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Thank you, I will read through and see if there's anything that helps.

0 Ratings