cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 12

Help- BT about to delete secondary email address due to inactivity.

Go to solution
Can anyone help me. Tried to go into email and it says my address is about to be deleted, probably due to 60day rule of inactivity. Have gone on chat with India( I think) with no success, then spoken to Cardiff technical help( who did try his best but couldn't sort it) but suggested I wait until it says it IS deleted, so I can try to reactivate, I worry that it will be really too late then. Seems I last logged in 2/7 and so suspended or deleted 2/9. - I have tried to follow all the instructions but getting nowhere. Can anything be done ?
0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Message 2 of 12

Re: Help- BT about to delete secondary email address due to inactivity.

Go to solution

Hi @Sue14 and welcome.

I'm sorry you're having problems with the email. There might not be much we can do to help but I'll be happy to take a look at this for you. Can you please drop me over an email with the details? You'll get the contact the moderators link in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 12

Go to solution
Thanks David- sorry to be thick but how do I reply to you with the details? Is it the Private Message bit ?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 12

Go to solution

If on a mobile device you will need to use the "full" site and not the "mobile" site. You then click on the moderators name and you should see a link. Click that and fill in the form.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 12

Go to solution
Thanks - will have a go.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 12

Go to solution
Thanks distinguished sage and moderator David - whatever I did, wrongly or rightly, I managed to get an email form to complete so sent that off. This is all new to me. Still hoping my address and emails can be saved. Typically unaware of the 60day inactivity rule until it affected me.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 12

Go to solution

Hi Sue,

You should be able to reactivate your email address yourself from the email management page if it is within 60 days.

You need a BTID first.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44499/~/why-has-my-bt-email-address-been-suspended-or...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 12

Go to solution
Thanks " New-To-UK, yes had tried that before contacting BT and then Forum. In fact Keep going back incase something has changed. No idea really where I'm at as message says " about to be deleted". So is it deleted ? BT technical suggested I last logged in 2nd July so it was suspended 2nd September. The email management page does not show that particular email address but it does appear on the next page should you wish to give friends and family an email address ! It is beyond me !!
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 12

Go to solution
Hi,

the email gets suspended after 90 days of no use so if you were suspended on 02 September then your last login must have been before 04 june.

Even if your email is suspended you should still have 60 days to reactivate it from the email management page. Where the email shows - are you able to see a reactivate button next to it?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 12

Go to solution
Hi, no there is no reactivate button. On the email management page where it says " your email addresses" it shows 2 addresses(primary and another). Below that it has another panel which shows " your family email addresses" and my name appears there but no address. Then if you go to the next page where you can allocate your email address to a new contact or existing contact my address is there as an existing contact. . If you click on that it then takes you to the next page which suggests various numbers to add to that address to make a new one. Maybe you're right and it's been deleted already, it just doesn't say that. I have no idea when I last logged on- various distractions this summer and time lost. 60 days isn't long. Thanks for your input, I don't understand technology but just can't believe anything is irrecoverable these days . 😩
0 Ratings