cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Help on Email login, can the secondary security (code to mobile) be switched off?

Go to solution

My mum reads her email on her laptop using an email client. However every now and then it asks her for her password. But this alone doesn't work because of the secondary security. This is ok when signing in on BTinternet site because it tells you that it is sending a code.

Can I disable the secondary security?

Is there a better email client that stays logged in forever?

Should I just teach her to read emails from the internet?

She only just understands the secondary security. but once she has tried to log in with client too many times she gets a time lock on account and it's a pain as I don't live near her to help.

Thanks

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Help on Email login, can the secondary security (code to mobile) be switched off?

Go to solution

She can turn off two factor authentication by logging onto her MyBT then going to Your Details > Personal Details > Profile

See link

Two-step authentication | BT Help

You haven't said which email client she is using.

Most email clients stay logged in and do not need to have the password entered after the initial time it was entered during the client being set up.

Message 3 of 3

Re: Help on Email login, can the secondary security (code to mobile) be switched off?

Go to solution
Oh that's great. I think it's a basic windows one, certainly not Thunderbird or any of the better ones. it does stay logged in for long periods but sometimes, maybe internet loss or power cut, she is asked for her password and that's where it all goes wrong.
Thank you very much.
0 Ratings