cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
raven219
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Help sorting out email account structure

I would like to sort the mess I seem to have got myself into with multiple accounts. Many many years ago I created Account 1. This has two sub accounts (Accounts 1a and 1b). These are all BT Yahoo accounts. When I moved house I was forced to create another account (we'll call this account 2) which is now on BT Mail. Today I wanted to create a new sub account under account 2 but there is no button on the web page that allows me to do this. So i tired to log in in to My BT using the master accounts. That didn't work so I tried one of the sub accounts and that let me in. I looked at "Manage your email accounts" page and it lists account 2 under friends and family accounts. So I seem to have the following structure. Account 1 - Account 1a - Account 1b -Account 2 With me so far? Great. So I would like to close Account 1 as I have not used it for a long time, but as it seems to be the master, I need to create another master from one the sub accounts and attach the other accounts. How do I do this? Thanks
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Help sorting out email account structure

I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are a BT UK based team and if they can help they will reply via this thread asking you to contact them via a link. They are very busy at present so once you have replied to them by the link, it can take 48 hours for them to re-contact you.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Hi @raven219 and thanks for posting.

I'm assuming you followed the Can I link my existing BT Mail address to another account? which has created a new account. It sounds a little complicated but I'm sure we can untangle this for you. Drop me over an email with your details and we'll take it from there. Please include as much detail as possible.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
raven219
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

Thanks @DavidM I have clicked on your profile and followed the link to contact the mods and completed the form. Hopefully that will reach you.
0 Ratings