cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

Here's a suggestion - why don't you fix the webmail log-in page...

Here's a suggestion - why don't you fix the webmail log-in page* so that the annoying script menu at the top doesn't drop down to obsure the sign-in boxes every time the mouse cursor just happens to pass over it?

*https://home.bt.com/login/loginform?

One's at the page (browser tab), moving the cursor from another location to the log-in box when the 'hover activated' drop-down opens up as one clicks to put the cursor in the sign-in box and before one knows it one's diverted off to another spurious page. An unwanted diversion.

All it needs to fix this annoying stupidity is for the sign in section to be moved down the page a bit. There is plenty of 'white space' available to allow this.

An alternative is to make the menu not hover activated. Hover menu's may save a click, but they are also a bit of a pain in the proverbial when badly placed, as this is being right at the top so quite unavoidable unless one walks the mouse cursor arround the perimeter of the page and that is by no means a natural action.

(Anyone in agreement please add a simple reply to get this noticed. Tks.)

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: Here's a suggestion - why don't you fix the webmail log-in page...

This issue still prevails (see previous message). But it can be fixed and is actually fixed when BT displays service warnings as per image below. They cause the log-in box to be pushed further down which, by chance, fixes the problem. The hover menu dropdown no longer covers the log-in box. Yippee!

DISRUPTED_2-1634309028172.png

So all it needs is a blank placeholder block in place of the error messages during normal service conditions.

Would be a simple but massive improvement.

Can't be too difficult? Mods?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

Going by the number of people who responded to your first post ie none,  it is not an issue for most folk!

Message 4 of 11

Or perhaps that the post is sufficiently compendious, understood and so obvious that no additional comment is required. Only action.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Doubtful, if you believed that why did you ask others to post a comment!

If it was a problem there would be more than one post regarding it and as such there is no problem affecting the vast majority of users so I doubt BT will change the webpage to placate one person.  

Message 6 of 11

At the most, it is a very minor niggle. I hadn't even noticed it until I tried hard to replicate the problem.

The area that triggers the hover drop down is very limited  and not in the natural path of a mouse movement to the login box.

mousehover.jpg

Message 7 of 11

@gg30340wrote:

The answser is in the original post.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

@licquoricewrote:

At the most, it is a very minor niggle. I hadn't even noticed it until I tried hard to replicate the problem.

The area that triggers the hover drop down is very limited  and not in the natural path of a mouse movement to the login box.

Well I don't know about you but my PC is a work tool and switching between multiple windows and multiple tabs always means the mouse cursor is active at the top and has to travel down in order to fill the log-in credentials frequently causing the roll-over menu to drop down with a slight delay so it's there are the same moment I'm trying to select an account log-in resulting in the an unstoppable diversion to the complaints page.

When it frequently happens several times a day I can assure you it is not a minor niggle, it's a darn nuisance which should not be present in a sensibly laid out web page.

Is it good practice to have one menu dropping down to obsure and effectively change the workings of another active section? Particularly the log-in?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

I wouldn't be using webmail in the first place, I use the proper tool for the job.

Message 10 of 11

@DISRUPTED wrote:

@gg30340wrote:

The answser is in the original post.

When it was pointed out that you had no replies to your original post, according to to your subsequent post in message No 4 that the reason there were no replies was because your post was  "sufficiently compendious, understood and so obvious that no additional comment is required" .  Obviously you did not believe that was the case or you would not have asked "(Anyone in agreement please add a simple reply to get this noticed. Tks.)

As you got no "simple replies" either your post was not "sufficiently compendious, understood and so obvious that no additional comment is required"  or more likely, no one else has your perceived problem or cares enough to comment on your thread.

In any event good luck in your quest to get a "darn nuisance"  changed but I would suggest that you do not hold your breath waiting for that to happen.

0 Ratings