Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 5

Here we go again

Yet again yahoo mail from BT has taken the huff & is rejecting log in details

It put itself right about 4 weeks ago after I went through the rest password ritual, must be 7 or 8 times I have had to do this over the last 6 months or so.

I tried with Thunderbird but could not complete the set-up with an error msg saying "password or user name incorrect"

I've tried bypassing the BT portal by going in via "Yahoo.com" without any success either

Now I see a msg advising of "temporary" problems" with mail

Does anybody know what is going on with BT Yahoo mail & how to fix this ?

D*ck

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: Here we go again

Now stuck !

Even when trying to access BT Yahoo mail via "mail.yahoo.com" I get shunted into "my BT " which then rejects my password when attempting to log in.

If I try to change the email password it will only accept a new password for "my BT" & that puts me back in the same place with no access to my email

This happened a few weeks back & has now gone again

Even trying to log in with the  "signin1.b.t.com/login/emailloginform" just dumps me back in "my bt"

Theses at least a couple of emails that are needed sitting in there as well as details/contacts that will be needed to set up another email address

Anybody ?

D*ck

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 5

@dcdickwrote:

Now stuck !

Even when trying to access BT Yahoo mail via "mail.yahoo.com" I get shunted into "my BT " which then rejects my password when attempting to log in.

If I try to change the email password it will only accept a new password for "my BT" & that puts me back in the same place with no access to my email

This happened a few weeks back & has now gone again

Even trying to log in with the  "signin1.b.t.com/login/emailloginform" just dumps me back in "my bt"

Theses at least a couple of emails that are needed sitting in there as well as details/contacts that will be needed to set up another email address

Anybody ?

D*ck

Hi.

Please don't change anything, settings or passwords.

If you can't login, try a different browser to start with - in case there is a corrupt cookie or something.

BT have changed something, and the old password reset link for BTYahoo accounts goes to MyBT ID login. I said this a few days ago requesting why this was done.

BT have not come back to me. The whole system is a total mess, and there are probably BT coders changing stuff they have no idea what it affects.

What you can change, is email provider. Dump BTinternet email useage as soon as possible. And this goes for everyone.

Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 5

AndyN

Agree 100% something is broken with BT/Yahoo mail

I've already set up 2 different addresses with different providers & my original email p/word etc... is still intact ( I hope)

What I do need though is access to my BTyahoo mail for a couple of things (would save a load of time) & the contacts list would be nice

It's a bit disturbing the Mods are not picking up on this, makes me wonder if whatever is broken is still a mystery  ?

D*ck

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 5

Update

Tried the on-line chat/help & after the usual..."have you tried this" etc... finally got the (very nice) guy to reset my password to one that works

Right, email works again now but only as......... "btinternet.com"

Now I thought that btinternet & btopenworld were one & the same to the extent you could use either

It's not the end of the world as it seems that mail sent to the "openworld" address is being received normally

Can anyone explain what is going on with these email addresses & can I/should I continue to use the "openworld" address or just stick to using the "btinternet" address ?

Do I need to change the "btopenworld" address to "bt internet" to the contacts in my email contacts folder ?

It's all a bit disconcerting, & yes I have Thunderbird & another email providor to who I will back up everything to two different locations (overkill....maybe, but the safest way I can think of)

Most definitely "confused.com"

D*ck

0 Ratings