cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rbz5416
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 10

How Can I Stop BT Bugging Me?

I don't want a BT email address & will never use a BT email address. So how can I stop BT from spamming me continually with threats to delete if I don't use it?

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: How Can I Stop BT Bugging Me?

If you stopped looking at it, it would get deleted.

0 Ratings
rbz5416
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 10

@licquoricewrote:

Sadly not the case as I've NEVER "looked" at it.

0 Ratings
CJT80
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 10

@rbz5416 

Have a look at this - How do I close or delete an email account? | BT Help 

Kind Regards
CJT80
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 10

@rbz5416 wrote:

@licquoricewrote:

So how are you seeing the messages?

0 Ratings
rbz5416
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 10

@licquoricewrote:

@rbz5416wrote:

@licquoricewrote:

So how are you seeing the messages?

SMS & Gmail.

0 Ratings
busterboy1
Expert
Message 7 of 10

@rbz5416 

Stop bothering about it, BT will delete that address in due time and therefore end your problem.

I have some spare BT email addresses I kept and they have sent me similar text and email stating they will delete them.

Carry on as I don't use them.!!

Rather than stating BT are bugging you they are giving you fair warning to use them or risk BT deleting them.

A quick delete on either a text or an email isn't the greatest world wide problem is it.

___________________________________________________________________________________________
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings
rbz5416
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 10

@CJT80wrote:

@rbz5416 

Have a look at this - How do I close or delete an email account? | BT Help 

Been there, done that. It's marked for deletion next month, same as it was last month & the month before that & the month before that. They obviously don't want to delete it because they hope I will be stupid enough to start using it & they can then use that to try to tie me in forever, or hit me with punitive charges.

0 Ratings
rbz5416
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 10

@busterboy1wrote:

@rbz5416 

Stop bothering about it, BT will delete that address in due time and therefore end your problem.

I have some spare BT email addresses I kept and they have sent me similar text and email stating they will delete them.

Carry on as I don't use them.!!

Again missing the point that they WON'T delete it. If they'd done that as they "threatened" months ago all would be good. Instead I'm constantly bombarded with "Right, we really, really REALLY mean it this time." I'll ignore that like all the others & in a couple of weeks I'll get another round of texts & emails telling me exactly the same thing...

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 10

@rbz5416 wrote:

Been there, done that. It's marked for deletion next month, same as it was last month & the month before that & the month before that. They obviously don't want to delete it because they hope I will be stupid enough to start using it & they can then use that to try to tie me in forever, or hit me with punitive charges.

If you don't want to use it you don't have to and if did start using it and then chose to leave BT the email account can be "downgraded" to BTMail basic, which is free so your comment "they hope I will be stupid enough to start using it & they can then use that to try to tie me in forever, or hit me with punitive charges". is wrong.