cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 4

How can I access an old btinternet account that I stopped using several years ago?

Go to solution

Hi,

I stopped using my old btinternet email address several years ago when moving house (moving in with partner and therefore not wanting it to be only my account). I set it to autoforward to a gmail account, and it continued to do so until March this year. However, it has now stopped forwarding.

How can I go about accessing this account? The regular bt login page doesn't work (it says email not recognised), but I suspect the address does still work as if I email it I don't get a bounce back.

I would try to contact BT directly, but there now appears to be no way to do this unless you have an active account, which is kind of irritating.

Thanks,

EN

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: How can I access an old btinternet account that I stopped using several years ago?

Go to solution

The account will have been deleted and will not be recoverable.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 4

Re: How can I access an old btinternet account that I stopped using several years ago?

Go to solution
That's what I thought, as the account is several years old - I think I left that BT account about 6 years ago. However, I was still getting emails forwarded as recently as this year, and emails sent to it now don't bounce back. I feel as if somewhere or is still alive on a server.....
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

What happens when you try to login to email account online with correct password ?

I'm not sure emails to inactive/suspended/closed/invalid BT email addresses bounce anymore.

My email addresses were suspended few months ago & emails to those addresses weren't bouncing,

0 Ratings