Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Durgemeister
Contributor
Message 1 of 10

How can I change my contact email ?

Hi,

I am in the process of migrating from a 10-year old email address, and the old one will close on the 24th of this month, so I want to change my contact email - It looks like it can now no longer be done by the user, is this correct ?

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
albertj
Expert
Message 2 of 10

Re: How can I change my contact email ?

Hi @Durgemeister 

Can you please confirm where you would like to change your email? 

For My BT, instructions below

https://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9368/~/how-do-i-change-the-email-address-that-bt-use...

You can change your email on the Community, in 'My Settings' after clicking your profile picture in the top right. 

Thanks

--
If I have helped you in anyway please press the Kudo button (thumbs up)
If I have resolved your post please click 'Mark as Accepted Solution'
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 10

If you want to change the email address that BT use to contact you it is done via your MyBT. 

Log onto MyBT and click on  the "Your Details" button found in the menu bar below the purple banner. Go to "Your BTID details"  and click on " Edit user name" and follow prompts.

See link about BTID

https://www.bt.com/help/account-and-billing/usernames-and-passwords/i-have-an-issue-with-my-bt-id/wh...

0 Ratings
Durgemeister
Contributor
Message 4 of 10

@albertjwrote:

Hi @Durgemeister 

Can you please confirm where you would like to change your email? 

For My BT, instructions below

https://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9368/~/how-do-i-change-the-email-address-that-bt-use...

You can change your email on the Community, in 'My Settings' after clicking your profile picture in the top right. 

Thanks

Thanks, but I've tried that link already - There isn't, at least that I can see, a link to "Change your e-mail" at the top of the screen. 

0 Ratings
Durgemeister
Contributor
Message 5 of 10

Also, forget to mention, no problem at all changing the Contact email for these forums
0 Ratings
Durgemeister
Contributor
Message 6 of 10

@gg30340wrote:

If you want to change the email address that BT use to contact you it is done via your MyBT. 

Log onto MyBT and click on  the "Your Details" button found in the menu bar below the purple banner. Go to "Your BTID details"  and click on " Edit user name" and follow prompts.

See link about BTID

https://www.bt.com/help/account-and-billing/usernames-and-passwords/i-have-an-issue-with-my-bt-id/wh...

Thanks, but that only changes my BTID, which is unrelated to the email in question. In all of those settings, my Contact email just isn't shown.. so currently I can get any alerts regarding posts on here on my new address, but anything to do with the account comes through to the other email. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 10

If you check where I said to change your email address you will see that the BTID part states

"Your BT ID details

These are the details you use to login to your My BT account online. Your BT ID is also the contact email we will use to tell you your bill is ready."

0 Ratings
Durgemeister
Contributor
Message 8 of 10

My BT ID is NOT my contact email, It never has been. My BT ID is in fact the BT email address I initially had when I signed up, but has been invalid since the beginning for some reason. My apologies for re-iterating  this, but the address that I want to change as my contact address does not appear on any pages, anywhere on any of the BT account pages. I am sorry if I sound a little rude, but I have a high level of computer literacy, and am utterly frustrated that I cannot find my contact email on my account, let alone change it. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 10

Not being a mind reader I was not aware that your BTID was not your contact email address!

Phone BT on 0800.800.150 and ask them to change it.

0 Ratings
Durgemeister
Contributor
Message 10 of 10

Again, my apologies. Seems ridiculous that the contact email is the only one that cannot be changed by the user.

0 Ratings