cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
str8chat
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

How do I get BT Yahoo mail to download spam using POP in an email client?

I use an email client on my desktop and laptop computers. I use POP rather than email as I do not want the emails synchronising between the server and my computers (the laptop only has 32 GB of SSD, so I delete many emails after I have read them, and subsequently down load and save those emails on the desktop).

I have set the BT Yahoo spam filter to download spam emails using POP; however, Yahoo Mail does not honour this setting and some emails end up in the spam folder on the server and do not get downloaded to the email client. This means that periodically I have to take the ridiculous step of using webmail to look for emails in the spam folder and mark them as not spam so they can be downloaded. If I want spam filtering, I could configure this in the email client if Yahoo Mail would actually do what it is supposed to do.

Has anybody found how to get spam to download using POP with BT Yahoo mail?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: How do I get BT Yahoo mail to download spam using POP in an email client?

There seem to be a few reports of this happening with no resolution. It is not a universal problem, my BTYahoo spam mail still gets delivered to my POP client and there only seems to be a small number of reports. I wonder if it is just one machine in the server farm that is misconfigured. Unfortunately getting the 'mail team' to investigate is nigh on impossible.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 7

Re: How do I get BT Yahoo mail to download spam using POP in an email client?

Have a look through this thread. I might not help but it might point you in the rght direction.

https://community.bt.com/t5/Email/Disable-spam-filter-in-BT-Yahoo-mail/td-p/1629257

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sandieg
Contributor
Message 4 of 7

BT decides emails I need are spam

I have just finally managd to log on to BT yahoo to check my spam folder.

I found 2 emails in there that I was waiting for, replies to emails I had sent.

Easy I thought, just mark them as not spam - err no, they stayed in the spam folder!

I then tried to empty other spam emails from the spam folder - they are still there despite deleting them several times

This is getting a bit ridiculous.

I use Outlook which I am very happy with and don't always have the time to mess about logging on to see why people haven't answered my questions, only to find when I do manage to get online, that the messages are in the spam folder!

I prefer POP to IMaP and really don't want to change

If you are replying please may I respectfully request that you keep it simple?  I don't understand the complexities of IT and need fairly simple instructions

Thank you in advance 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

Re: BT decides emails I need are spam

@Sandieg

I have merged your post with the existing thread on the same subject, so yo may like to read the other posts.

0 Ratings
Sandieg
Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Thank you, how can I access those please?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

You just have done.

As far as the problem is concerned, there is nothing anybody on the forum can do and BT seem either incapable or disinterested of resolving it!

0 Ratings