cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bluesman
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

How do I get eM Client on a PC to remove emails from a BT inbox when it uploads the emails to the PC

Hi. I'm trying to set up my wife's email client (eM Client) on her PC so that when she uploads emails to her PC from BTmail, it removes the emails from the BTmail inbox. On my PC, Windows Live Mail does this beautifully! However, I can't find a way of replicating this on her M/C. Any help would be much appreciated

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
DavidCo
Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: How do I get eM Client on a PC to remove emails from a BT inbox when it uploads the emails to th

Try - Menu/Tools/Accounts

Pop3 tab and 'server settings'

0 Ratings
RobbieBaron
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Re: How do I get eM Client on a PC to remove emails from a BT inbox when it uploads the emails to th

Is there amongst the POP3 Incoming Server settings one for "Leave/Remove copy on/from server". Set it accordingly.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

I assume you mean when she downloads emails from the BTMail she wants the emails deleted from the BTMail servers.

You need to set the email client up as a POP3 account and if there is a setting, untick the box, "keep copy on server".

The server settings you will need are as per this link

https://www.bt.com/help/email/manage-email-account/manual-settings/what-are-the-settings-for-outgoin...

0 Ratings