cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maewilliam
Beginner
Message 1 of 16

How do we get back to the original e-mail page format - have just been 'upgraded' to this 'new' one

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 16

Re: How do we get back to the original e-mail page format - have just been 'upgraded' to this 'new'

It depends on what you call the original email page. If it is the Classic view you can change to that.

Go to the settings at the top right then click more settings and you should see near the bottom "Switch to Classic Mail". It should then refresh to the "old" style BTYahoo look.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 3 of 16

Re: How do we get back to the original e-mail page format - have just been 'upgraded' to this 'new'

Are you on BT Mail, or BT Yahoo Mail?

0 Ratings
New_To_UK
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 16

I suspect you are talking about this, I'm waiting for the change on my email too but i havnt checked some of my rarely used accounts to see if the new layout has been applied. 

https://community.bt.com/t5/Email/New-BT-Mail-Layout/td-p/1904548

Yahoo have changed their interface recently so BT Mail must be doing the same. If thats the case, i dont think there is an option to switch back.

dogrel
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 16

My wife contacted BT yesterday about this with no success. Apparently everyone will be moved over to the new format over the coming weeks. After very long phone calls involving India and Newcastle then hanging on for 20 minutes while a query was looked into, she gave up. No-one rang back. The query was asking where 'Folders' have gone to as 'Folders' doesn't seem to be showing on the new screen. The new format is very hard to read as priority is given to adverts - not emails. We cannot use a fix suggested by another forum user as, in the new format, this is not available. Sorry we can't help but BT must realise their mistake soon and halt this ridiculous rollout. If anyone out there can help, please do!

0 Ratings
New_To_UK
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 16

Hi, only 1 of my 11 BT Mails seems to have the new interface - i like the opening video lol :-). I can see what you mean about the adverts but they seem to have introuced the option of hiding them - need to play around a bit more.

The default folders are still on the left hand side for me along with my created personal folders. Is this what you are referring to?

Capture.PNG

0 Ratings
maewilliam
Beginner
Message 7 of 16

Thanks have tried settings but then there is no option for 'more settings' only profile, locale, mail, calender & contacts

0 Ratings
maewilliam
Beginner
Message 8 of 16

Header banner says BT with the round logo
0 Ratings
maewilliam
Beginner
Message 9 of 16

Yes but we never received an e-mail to pre warn us of this upcoming change
0 Ratings
maewilliam
Beginner
Message 10 of 16

Not surprised we gave up using any BT help service - so have joined this discussion area and so far are getting sensible prompt responses - Thanks to All who are responding

0 Ratings