cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

How do we send email now?

Now we find that Mac Mail no longer functions! Well done BT 😯 Render a perfectly good service completely useless! How do we send an email in 2023? Abstracted away!

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: How do we send email now?

I very much doubt if BT have done anything to prevent Mac Mail functioning.

BT email is very susceptible to glitches and expect this is one of them.

Does webmail work?

Message 3 of 10

Sorry but can you pleas explain more how you think BT have stopped another providers email client from working? Likely nothing at all to do with BT

Message 4 of 10

Hi,

Yes, that is what it changed to, 'Webmail'. Fine you might say, but sending an email is now impossible, abstracted away! Any advice is welcome thanks.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

@grave_accent_guy101 wrote:

Now we find that Mac Mail no longer functions! Well done BT 😯 Render a perfectly good service completely useless! How do we send an email in 2023? Abstracted away!

Could you please explain how you diagnosed that MacMail is no longer functioning and that BT are the company that caused this? That is assuming you have carried out some diagnostics to establish where the problem lies.

If you haven't carried out any diagnostics or carried out any basic checks it might have been better to frame your rant as a question such as ... "My MacMail is not working on my (name device and what operating system is being used). Unfortunately I have not been able to carry out any sort of diagnostics so would appreciate some assistance"  It might also be nice if you add a "Thanks in advance" to the end of your question. 

EDIT: Post crossed with your reply above.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

There is a 'connection doctor' on a Macbook! All coming up 'red' now! Webmail is the way to go, however how do we send an email now? High Sierra 10.13.6. Thanks in advance.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

Are you a BT Broadband customer or paying for your email through a BT Premium email account?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

I'm a broadband customer! Attached is the notification, no option to opt out! 😮

communityUntitled.png

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

@grave_accent_guy101 

It would be best if you removed your email address from your screenshot otherwise you are going to get lots of spam, and you are not allowed to post email addresses on this forum.

Also, as you are a BT Business user, you need to post on the BT Business forum, as this is the Residential one.

https://business.forums.bt.com/

See this thread https://business.forums.bt.com/t5/Email-and-hosting/BTConnect-email-addresses-and-how-to-access-your...

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

BT Connect email is a business product. You will need to post on the BT Business forum Home - BT Business Community

If I remember correctly it is a Microsoft change that is causing the problem and not BT however if you use the above link I am sure you will find out more information.

As regards you last post, you will need to remove the email address from your post. This is a public forum and you could end up being inundated with spam and it is also against the forum rules to post email addresses.

0 Ratings