cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

How long do emails stay on the server?

Go to solution

I ask because since my primary email address was migrated to the new system emails from more than five days ago seem to have disappeared.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: How long do emails stay on the server?

Go to solution

Emails, except those in your delete folder, should remain on the server until you delete them or until the email account is deleted.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks, I will keep an eye on the inbox for the next few days and see what happens.

Does the fact that I am downloading emails from my inbox to Windows Live Mail make any difference to the situation? I know it didn't used to and they remained on the server (ie webmail) until I deleted them.

Also, you say "except those in your delete folder"....what happens to those? Do they disappear after a while?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

If your email account is set up in WLM as a POP3 account you must ensure that in WLM settings the box "leave a copy on server" is ticked.

If the account is set up as an IMAP account WLM will synchronise with the bT servers so if you delete anything on WLM it will delete it from the BT webmail servers and vice versa.

The Delete/Trash folder on the BT servers should automatically empty emails on a 30 day rolling schedule although there was  a glitch that stopped that from happening but this has apparently been fixed.  

Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Many thanks!

0 Ratings