cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scopio
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

How long does letter to change account privacy details take to arrive?

Go to solution

The situation is this; In a church office the administrator cannot remember the BT sign in password and security questions answers. At present we can still access our BT Mail in Microsoft Outlook 2010 but obviously cannot access BT Mail on the web. The administrator phoned BT Help and explained that we are replacing the pc with a new one and need the BT Email password to add the account to Office 365 Outlook on the new pc but we can't until we can reset the BT Mail Account password and the customer service person (I think from India according to her accent) said that she would send a letter by mail with details on how to reset the password and security questions answers and that this letter would take 8 to 10 days to arrive. It’s been 17 days now since we were told the letter would arrive and still no letter is forthcoming.

Would like help with contacting a senior manager to get this letter and resolve how to get the details to be able to change the BT Mail password and security questions ASAP.

Any help will be most appreciated. Thank you.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
PaddyB
Message 2 of 5

Re: How long does letter to change account privacy details take to arrive?

Go to solution

Hi @scopio,

I'm sorry you haven't received the letter with the details on how to reset your password. I can take a look at that account to make sure the letter has been sent out. Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

scopio
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

A million thanks to Paddy for all the help he has given me in solving this issue.

I still have one issue outstanding and that is that when I try to create a BT ID no matter how strong a password I enter it still says that the password is weak and will not let me confirm the password. Perhaps you could help with this issue. Thanks.

0 Ratings
New_To_UK
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution
There is a bug in that screen where it doesn’t allow certain special characters like ; etc or 1234 in a row regardless of where it is. Try a few passwords with different special characters like @ or $. If you try and use ones which are not allowed, it will keep saying it’s weak even though it’s strong
scopio
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks for the suggestion. I finally have been able to create a BT ID thanks everyone fot your help, most appreciated.

0 Ratings