cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gterry
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

How to I change the notification email address for broadband usage?

Go to solution

Hi there,

I've been missing some warnings about BB usage because they are being sent to an email address I don't monitor. I was fairly sure I'd changed the email address used for notifications to one I do monitor, but now I can't find where to check this, or how to change it if it's wrong. Could someone tell me where it is on the BT site? Many thanks.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: How to I change the notification email address for broadband usage?

Go to solution

I would be easier to just go to the btinternet email account and forward your emails to the account you use daily.  Bt still have a habit of writing to the primary email address regardless

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

I have also missed some email, which go to a bt.Internet address, but I don't have access to account or know the email.

I spoke to them a few months ago, and they said it had been changed to the email address that I wanted, but this has not happened.

Please advise how I can ensure I get the correct email address.

I get all my other correspondces from BT to the correct email address, just the usage one goes elsewhere

0 Ratings
Quelch
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution
BT should tell you this as part of their customer service, but if that isn't working, then you can try a Subject Access request under the Data Protection Act, which will cost you a tenner, and ask them for all the personal data (including email addresses) linked to your name, address and broadband account number and primary email address. That ought to hoover up any "lost/forgotten" email addresses that they know about and you don't.
0 Ratings