cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lardconcepts
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 3

How to I get to "allow less secure application" or at least "forward mail settings in BT Yahoo Mail?

Go to solution

Two BT Yahoo IMAP accounts on Mac Mail. Setup identical, one is the master account and works, one is a sub account and can only send, but not receive. It says "unable to verify account name or password". It's been reset God knows how many times over the last week. 

From all the messages I can see, we need to login and set "allow less secure apps", but it seems that option is simply not available either through the sub OR master accounts.

The alternative is to just setup forwarding to a gmail account and be done with it. But I can't even find the forwarding section! I know exactly where to find it in a Yahoo account, but it's just not there in BT's cranky weird archaic BT Yahoo system. (I thought they were migrating it about 5 years ago anyway?!?)

There are SO many broken links once you login to BT main account too - and BT's help links just lead to Yahoo's new help pages top level, and locating the help there takes you to a link which isn't available.

Plus there's a load of unwanted aliases, but when trying to remove aliases from within the BT Yahoo mailbtinternet./c account, it says "you need a BT Yahoo mail account".

Aaaaarrrrgh!

We're now into the third hour of this today, already had half a day on phone to support who kept saying either that it was not possible to access email via Mac Mail, or

My head is done in.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: How to I get to "allow less secure application" or at least "forward mail setting

Go to solution

@lardconcepts wrote:

Two BT Yahoo IMAP accounts on Mac Mail. Setup identical, one is the master account and works, one is a sub account and can only send, but not receive. It says "unable to verify account name or password". It's been reset God knows how many times over the last week. 

From all the messages I can see, we need to login and set "allow less secure apps", but it seems that option is simply not available either through the sub OR master accounts.

Never seen that on BTYahoo, only Gmail

The alternative is to just setup forwarding to a gmail account and be done with it. But I can't even find the forwarding section! I know exactly where to find it in a Yahoo account, but it's just not there in BT's cranky weird archaic BT Yahoo system. (I thought they were migrating it about 5 years ago anyway?!?)

Choose 'basic' view in options and then forwarding is available

There are SO many broken links once you login to BT main account too - and BT's help links just lead to Yahoo's new help pages top level, and locating the help there takes you to a link which isn't available.

Plus there's a load of unwanted aliases, but when trying to remove aliases from within the BT Yahoo mailbtinternet./c account, it says "you need a BT Yahoo mail account".

Aaaaarrrrgh!

We're now into the third hour of this today, already had half a day on phone to support who kept saying either that it was not possible to access email via Mac Mail, or

My head is done in.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
lardconcepts
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: How to I get to "allow less secure application" or at least "forward mail setting

Go to solution

Thank you! That "basic view" thing worked.

0 Ratings