cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 4

How to access old email and folders using outlook on a new PC

Please can I get some guidance on my 2 questions please

We have a new PC which I would like to use outlook on to run my emails. I have a btinternet.com email which is run through yahoo mail.

1. On my old PC i have folders with emails which I cannot view on the new PC using outlook

2. How do I set up outlook to sync correctly with my email server using outlook. I have tried different pop and imap addresses and sometimes the email work sometimes they dont.

Thank you

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: How to access old email and folders using outlook on a new PC

@rownerchurch wrote:

Please can I get some guidance on my 2 questions please

We have a new PC which I would like to use outlook on to run my emails. I have a btinternet.com email which is run through yahoo mail.

1. On my old PC i have folders with emails which I cannot view on the new PC using outlook

You need to copy your Outlook .PST file from your old PC to your new PC and then go to File > Account Settings > Data Files > Add and add the .PST file copied over.

2. How do I set up outlook to sync correctly with my email server using outlook. I have tried different pop and imap addresses and sometimes the email work sometimes they dont.

The settings required are mail.btinternet.com for server, your full email address as username, IMAP port 993 with SSL selected for incoming and port 465 with SSL selected for Outgoing (SMTP) ensure 'Aunthentication required' is ticked.

Thank you

Message 3 of 4

Thank you Xx.
I can now see my folders but my history is not there
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

Sorry, not sure what you mean by 'History'

0 Ratings