cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KevinOB
Message 1 of 4

How to attach an old email as an attachment to a new email

Go to solution

Hi, I'm trying to respond to an email and part of this is to send on an old email as an attachment. The old email has various pdfs attached to it so I can't just copy the text from this email.

I can't see any way of doing this. In outlook you can just copy and paste an old email in to a new one but can't see how to do this using BT Mail.

Help please.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: How to attach an old email as an attachment to a new email

Go to solution

If you are on the BTMail system you should log onto your email account and go to the list where your email that you want to attach is stored.

Right click the email that you want to send as the attachment. This will open a drop down box. Scroll down to "forward"  then click "attachment".

This will open a "new" email with the email you wanted attached to it. Complete the "new" email as per normal and send.

KevinOB
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately, when I try this, the "Forward" option is paler than all the others and not available for clicking on. All other options on the drop down box can be clicked on.

Could there be something in my settings that means I can't use this option?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

It would appear that you are still on the "old" email webpage. The information I gave was for the "new" webpage.

What you will need to do is:-

Open the email that you want to attach, once it is open click on the "actions" button on the menu bar above the email and click on "save to computer".

This should save the email to your download file. You will then need to create your "new" email in the normal manner and attach the email that you saved to your download folder in the same way you would have attached any document.