cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
peter112233
Beginner
Message 1 of 2

How to reset email passwd for elderly, disabled relative - remotely!

Hi all,

I have an elderly, disabled relative who is currently unable to access their BT email. I renewed her broadband contract earlier in the year (pre-COVID so it seems like longer!), and because I used my personal email as the contact for that, I've just received an email saying that the BT.com email address will be deleted 24-Jan-2021 because it's not been used.

Problem is, I've gone through the "reset email password" process, but the mobile number they have is old and no longer works, the email address obviously doesn't work right now, and I ended at it suggesting I continue to try to resolve this via web-chat.

So my question is: Will BT either post the new email password or (worst case) can they contact my relative via her landline (the one tied to the broadband contact) ?

Obviously she's not actually using the email right now... and my main reason to want to reset it is simple to allow access to old emails. Absolute worst case, if I just allow the email account to be deleted, will this cause any problems in the future with this broadband contact?

Reason I ask that last bit is because when I renewed the contract, it mentioned a BT ID + password, which I also didn't have access to, so I was unable to login to monitor the renewal process... it didn't mater as it all went like clock-work, but it was (for me) a bit annoying! 😄

Sorry it's a long one, but any help appreciated!

Peter.

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
DavidM
Message 2 of 2

Re: How to reset email passwd for elderly, disabled relative - remotely!

Hi @peter112233 and welcome.

I'm sure I'll be able to help with this. Can yo9u send over your relatives details so we can take a look at this? I'll drop you a private message now so you can get in touch.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings