Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CorinneM
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

How to set up BT Basic email in Outlook

Go to solution

I have just purchased a new HP laptop and want to set up my BT email account in Outlook.  However, although it appears as though the set up process has worked, emails are not being received.  I have read various articles on how to do this and am even more confused as, some  seem to indicate that Basic BT email does not operate through Outlook.  We changed internet provider at the end of January and experienced problems because we had an outdated operating system, so thought a new one would resolve this.  Have been using WebMail on phone and tablet.

Thanks for any assistance.

C

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: How to set up BT Basic email in Outlook

Go to solution

Have you left BT and now with another ISP and elected to have BT basic email when your left BT.

if so you can only access your email via web mail 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
CorinneM
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Hi, yes that is exactly what has happened.  So does that mean I just need to access my BT email via Webmail on the laptop as well.

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Yes

CorinneM
Beginner
Message 5 of 5