cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

How to set up additional email addresses

BT has discontinued disposable email addresses without having the courtesy to inform me.  I want to set up some additional addresses but even though I had three lengthy phone calls and an online chat I have not been able to succeed due to the web page I’m faced with in My BT being different from the one I’ve been given instructions for.  How do I proceed please.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: How to set up additional email addresses

I wouldn't bother, set up gmail addresses instead.

However, http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44888/~/how-do-i-create-and-activate-a-new-bt-email-a... gives full instructions for adding email addresses if you really want to.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Thank you.  I think I may go that route as I have wasted enough time with BT!

0 Ratings
jacks
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 9

Another change I didn't know about !

0 Ratings
New_To_UK
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 9

disposable email addresses are not really relevant anymore, you shouldnt require more than 2-4 emails addresses. Just create an additional email address from MyBT.

FYI, gmail is not exactly a good email provider so not sure why that rubbish is most commonly given as advice in this forum to move to.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 9

Because (a) it is ISP independant and makes changing provider far simpler and (b) it is still far better than the flaky BT email systems.

New_To_UK
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 9

@licquoricewrote:

Because (a) it is ISP independant and makes changing provider far simpler and (b) it is still far better than the flaky BT email systems.

(a) Correct (b) Incorrect - you have no idea how many complaints they get.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 9

I wonder why it is voted best email provider by virtually every tech publication then

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 9

@New_To_UK wrote:

disposable email addresses are not really relevant anymore, you shouldnt require more than 2-4 emails addresses. Just create an additional email address from MyBT.

FYI, gmail is not exactly a good email provider so not sure why that rubbish is most commonly given as advice in this forum to move to.

I was a bit puzzled by your statement "disposable email addresses are not relevant anymore. you shouldn't require more than 2-4 email addresses".

If the OP and others use them then they are still relevant to those individuals and how do you know what a person's requirements are as regards the number of email addresses they want or use?  

As you will no doubt know, MyBT only gives eleven email addresses, what do you propose posters should do once he/she has used them up among his/her family.

As regards gmail, how many complaints does it get?