cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

How to stop emails going to spam folder?

I use an external mail package, and have done sing 1993, but recently main is being filtered t the BT mail spam folder, and thus not being downloaded by my mail app.

I've missed several important emails because of this, and only noticed why last night as I never login to the webmail.

I have no rules setup in the webmail and don't understand why BT is moving email to spam.

I manually moved the emails back to inbox, and they happily downloaded...

Anyone know how I turn off the spam folder?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: How to stop emails going to spam folder?

You can not turn off the BT spam folder. 

If you find that genuine emails are being put into spam you should try adding the senders email address into your "Safe Senders" list.

Email that ends up in your spam folder has triggered the spam filters and the filters have not been able to decide if it is spam or a genuine email and as such it places it into your spam folder to allow you to decide.

If it was certain it was spam it would not have reached your account let alone the spam folder.

If you set up your email client as an IMAP account you should be able to access your spam folder from there.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

I may have to go down the IMAP route.... 😞 although would rather now.

I've set a load of emails to safe sender, but still they end up in SPAM, thigs that never would, like bank statements, credit card statements, order receipts, educational emails/reports.

It just seems like the BT 'spamish' filter has become over zealous and now a major annoyance forcing me to log onto webmail 1-2 times a day to individually set emails to safe sender, and then move everything to the inbox.

BT, I need to be able to turn this OFF! 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

You will never be able to turn off the spam filters. 

As previously stated, BT along with all the email providers filter out spam emails prior to getting to your account and only allow ones that the filters can not decide if spam or not get put in your spam folder. If you were able to turn it off you would be inundated with hundreds if not thousands of spam emails per day. 

0 Ratings