Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Pearl1
Contributor
Message 1 of 9

How to stop good emails going into online Spam Folder

I use TV channel to order craft items but the email confirmations from them go into the online Spam Folder. Despite marking these as not SPAM and putting the email address in my accepted list (as well as in my email client Outlook). The emails still appear in the SPAM folder. As they do not download into Outlook I have to log into my BT account to look for them. How can I stop this so that these emails appear in my online Inbox instead of the Spam Folder?

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Carlusha
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 9

Re: How to stop good emails going into online Spam Folder

Set a filter to allow the domain through rather than marking each specific email as non-spam. You can set up an unlimited number of filters that will automatically sort any of your incoming emails to the folders of your choice, including the Spam folder. From the "Settings" tab, select the "Rules" folder and then the Add button Another pop-up window will open, split into four sections. This is where you need to provide the detail of the filter rules that you want to apply When creating a new filter, the filter is automatically activated. If you don't want the folder to become active immediately, you need to de-select the "Active" option Next, you need to set the rules that you wish to apply to your incoming mail. These rules can be applied to the sender, the recipient, the subject line of the email message or to the email message content

Assumes you are BT email rather than BT/Yahoo. Above from email help, add spam to the search in help

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 9

If BTYahoo mail, filters can be found by clicking on 'Settings' and then 'More Settings'

0 Ratings
Pearl1
Contributor
Message 4 of 9

Thank you for the update, muchly appreciated. However, the emails from this sender Customer Care at Create and Craft Customer Care at Create and Craft Customer.Services@CreateAndCraft.tv gets into my Inbox- the sender from this email goes into the Spam folder Customer Care at Create and Craft Customer.Services@CreateAndCraft.tv . I don't see a difference do you?

0 Ratings
New_To_UK
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 9

it depends on the spam score whether its dropped, sent to inbox or spam folder. This will vary with each sending email address on their sending practices and content even its from the same sending company. 

If you are on BT Mail - adding the address to Safe Senders in Settings assures the email is sent to inbox.

0 Ratings
Pearl1
Contributor
Message 6 of 9

Okay, so if I create a rule will that make any difference?

0 Ratings
Pearl1
Contributor
Message 7 of 9

Hi there, I don't have many emails from the location in the subject of my query, so I set up a rule and waited to see what would happen when an email was awaited. Well, the email I was waiting for did not arrive into my Outlook inbox so I went online and sure enough, there it was in the SPAM folder. I guess that I'm just going to have to log into my online account to check more often and accept that BT mail is not set up, or able to be set up for the user. I could try setting up another rule I suppose but I have no faith that it will work especially when some emails from the same location get into my Inbox and others go into SPAM. Thanks for you assistance.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 9

Set up a gmail account and give that email address to the company. Set the gmail account to forward all emails to your BT account and the email will probably get through.

If not you at least have a gmail account that you can start to use and migrate your self away from the BT email system.

0 Ratings
Pearl1
Contributor
Message 9 of 9

That sounds like a sensible plan to me! Thank you.

0 Ratings