cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 11

I am having a problem accessing my mail via Outlook

I am having problem retrieving my emails via Outlook, I am using Word 2003 for this.   I keep getting the Enter  Network Password box keep appearing on my screen which I keep putting in my password but still can't get my emails.   I can get them via BT Yahoo but dont find it very user friendly.    I have tried entering a new email account but it still refusing to forward my emails.    Am getting a bit desperate now, can anyone help.   Many thanks.  

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: I am having a problem accessing my mail via Outlook

Just try pressing F9 a few times when you get the password box. If that fails, it will probably just fix itself after a while when somebody realises the server has fallen over again.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 11

thanks will give that a try
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 11

@licquoricewrote:

If that fails, it will probably just fix itself after a while when somebody realises the server has fallen over again.

I have posted about this on other threads. As far as I can tell if changing your password does not work then what @licquorice says is sadly the best answer "it will probably just fix itself after a while when somebody realises the server has fallen over again" The trouble is there is no way of knowing whether access via Outlook and phone/tablet will come back after a few hours or a couple of days 

It would be great if the moderators could get some official clarification from BT as this seems to be a frustratingly common problem.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 5 of 11

Ok, So the old fix, if you were a BT Yahoo email user, via the Yahoo pages is no longer valid but I have now used another method on 3 occasions using the Yahoo Mail application on an Android phone.

Basically three times now in the past two week I have been locked out of my primary email account via POP3/IMAP with timeouts/incorrect password messages etc.

On both occasions I have opened up the Yahoo email application on my phone and refreshed the email list and within 15seconds on each occasion my POP3 downloads have started again and allowed me to login in.

Not saying it would work for everyone but give it a try. Note it has to be the Yahoo email application from the Android Play store and not any other email client. It may work using the similar Apple IOS application but I have tried that yet.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 11

The Yahoo App appears no longer to work on IOS
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 11

Thanks for your help and apologies for late reply have been away.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 11

Thanks for your help will give it a try, sorry for late reply but have been away
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 11

I have had problems accessing email via Outlook and iPhone twice in the past week. On both occasions the problem disappeared after "a few hours."

So what I wrote above seems to be absolutely accurate. So far the time until access is restored has always been closer to a few hours rather than a couple of days

@edwardblackwrote:

@licquoricewrote:

If that fails, it will probably just fix itself after a while when somebody realises the server has fallen over again.

I have posted about this on other threads. As far as I can tell if changing your password does not work then what @licquorice says is sadly the best answer "it will probably just fix itself after a while when somebody realises the server has fallen over again" The trouble is there is no way of knowing whether access via Outlook and phone/tablet will come back after a few hours or a couple of days "

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 11

Hi edwardblack

Thanks for your help regarding my problem but this has been ongoing since 8th October, I have been away until yesterday and the problem still hasn't sorted 'itself out' am beginning to lose patience now!   I can access my emails via BTYahoo but really do prefer Outlook.  

0 Ratings