cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aedgley
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

I can no longer access my account through the mail app on my Mac. Have checked port/ server correct.

Go to solution

I have deleted my account from Mac mail and then added it again. Outgoing mail seems to work but not incoming.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: I can no longer access my account through the mail app on my Mac. Have checked port/ server corr

Go to solution

If you are on the BTMail system check you have the correct settings as per this link

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44917/kw/bt%20mail/c/6591

and if on the BTYahoo email system you could try these settings.

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN3697.html

0 Ratings
aedgley
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Re: I can no longer access my account through the mail app on my Mac. Have checked port/ server corr

Go to solution

Thanks. This link is telling me the incoming server is imap.mail.yahoo.com . The one that autmatically populates is mail.btinternet.com

How do you edit the incoming server in the mac mail app? It lets me edit the outgoing but the incoming is 'greyed' out.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

I don't have a Mac so can not be specific but you may need to delete the account again and re set it up. When setting it up use the maunual option so that you can enter the correct server settings.

0 Ratings
aedgley
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks for your help. I fixed this by adding an 'other' account rather than a 'Yahoo' account (which I have always done, historically). A box came up with an error message but it allowed me to type in the server settings that your link directed me to. Can't thank you enough....have been struggling with this since Feb 22nd!!!!

0 Ratings