Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 20

Re: I can't access my BT email

Go to solution

Hi @Taffy078,

Thank you for posting.

If you haven't access your BT Email in more than 90 days, it's likely it's been deleted. You can find out more here Why has my BT Email address been deleted?

The 90 days is clearly stated in the Terms of Service.

Once the account has been deactivated there is a further 60 days when you could reactivate that account. 

When was the last time you tried to access your BT Email?

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
Taffy078
Expert
Message 12 of 20

Go to solution

Hello gg30340.

Re "If the account has not been getting accessed how would BT be able to tell you? They can not send an email to another email address/account telling whoever may be that email account holder that some another email address/account is being deleted".

Surely BT could easily have told all users at the point when they took the decision to delete all the emails, but before they actually went ahead with it?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 20

Go to solution

Playing devils advocate. If the account is not being accessed who would have read any notification even if it was sent before the account was deleted also as has been pointed out, it is in the T&Cs that you would have agreed to when you either first took out your BT Broadband account or when you subsequently renewed your broadband account.

Taffy078
Expert
Message 14 of 20

Go to solution

good point gg30340 but . . . 

When you posted your reply, I received the following BT notification in my outlook.com so I would still see these. notific notificationsBT email notification August 2019.PNG

0 Ratings
Taffy078
Expert
Message 15 of 20

Go to solution
sorry - I've failed to edit my reply to remove the nonsense at the end of the first line!
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 20

Go to solution

As you will have seen,  what I have posted is what is available from BT regarding their policy of deleting email accounts that have not been accessed for 90 days.

I have never worked for BT so I am unable to answer for them as regards what they decide to do with any email account that is not being accessed or how and indeed if they should send out any notifications regarding it. 

If you supply the answer to the moderator's post perhaps they can assist you or at least answer your questions. 

Taffy078
Expert
Message 17 of 20

Go to solution

Hello Paddy.

I used to access my BT mail once a year to remove all the garbage and filth that had been sent to me - perhaps BT have filters that do that nowadays. I usually did it around this time of year.

But I don't recall getting any new Terms of Service, certainly not by email.

My wife is also on the account - she might even be the main account holder (I haven't time to look at our bills).

But clearly I've lost all my emails when all that was needed was an email from BT before they did it.

No point me crying over spilt milk but in every other contract I have for on-line stuff, the providers send out email alerts about changes.

Thanks for your help. 

0 Ratings
Taffy078
Expert
Message 18 of 20

Go to solution
I've just replied to Paddy, gg30340.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 20