cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

I can't access my Mail. It's happened before. What shall I do?

Go to solution

I can't access my mail. Every time I try to, I'm taken to the Mailbox of one of the names I created last year. What should I do, please?

PS I last wrote about the problem in this thread: https://community.bt.com/t5/Email/I-can-t-access-my-Mail-again/m-p/2185295/highlight/false#M97168  I thought I'd tried all of the suggestions in that thread but perhaps in my frustration at my inability to access my BT mail I might have overlooked one.

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: I can't access my Mail. It's happened before. What shall I do?

Go to solution

Hi @Taffy078

Thanks for getting back to us, sorry you're having problems again. Can I just clarify a few details, are you using webmail or a client? 

Have you tried deleting cookies and cache? 

We have your details here and can look into this further with our email developers once we have the above information.

Cheers 

MandyF

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

Apologies for the delay MandyF but Microsoft's Repair (sic) App virtually put my laptop out of action. That's now resolved, thank goodness.

You asked if I'm using webmail or a client; sorry but I've no idea what you mean. When I power up, ths first thing I do is to open Outlook and that open my Mail's InBox.

I've deleted cookies and cleared my cache.

The last time I couldn't access my BT mail someone from BT telephoned me and said that my BT account been blocked. She said she couldn't reset my password over the phone and that she would send me a letter with instructions. The letter "would reach me within five working days" but that was fourteen days ago and still no letter.

Accessing my BT mail was my first major problem but my second major problem is that I still can't open my BT mail; when I try to do that, I'm taken to the mail account of one of the additional names I set up. I created a thread on that so what I'll do now is to try to find it and see what advice I've been given by the many helpful members here. I'll then get back to you (fingers crossed).

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Re: I can't access my Mail - again

Go to solution

This is so frustrating. A few minutes ago, I was in my thread about whenever I sign in to my mail, I'm taken to the mailbox of one of the names I created. One of the helpful experts there said this:

"Click on the three dots in the top right hand corner, then click on History.  When the History box opens, click on the three dots in that box then click on 'Clear browsing data'. In the 'Time Range' drop down box select 'All time' , tick all the other boxes and then click on 'Clear now'."

I did all that and then clicked on my Subscriptions to find the thread I was in bu I can't find it!

To make matters worse, I followed the advice above but afterwards I was again taken to the wrong mailbox.

I've no idea what to do now.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

Have you considered using an email program on your laptop ?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings icon. If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted solution’
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

Hello Steve. I already have Outlook (the paid-for version) on this laptop.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

But I still can't access my own mailbox. The last this happened the Modersators referred it to someone who wasn't on their team. I think he was on a "telephone problems" team but I can't access my records. Would someone here please ask the Moderators to check  who that chap was, please. TIA 😉

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @Taffy078, sorry for the confusion. Webmail is when you log on on https://www.bt.com/email with your email address and password. Outlook is an email client.

Cheers

John

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

Have you tried using a different web browser - Chrome or Firefox?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings icon. If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted solution’
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

I don't use Edge but possibly it is saving passwords for your mail account.

I don't know how this interacts with cookies on Edge. 

But to manage saved password see

Edge saved passwords 

0 Ratings