cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Guru
Message 21 of 28

Re: I cannot access PDF files from my current BT Yahoo Mail account

Two more possibilities to add to all gg30340 excellent suggestions.  Aren't computers horrible when they refuse to do a perfectly simple thing?

Try installing an alternative browser such as Chrome or Firefox.  Even if you don't want to use it regularly for some reason, it may help diagnose the problem.  (Sorry if this was already in the thread somewhere; I did check but it is easy to miss ...)

Try installing an alternative PDF reader, such as Foxit.  http://www.foxitsoftware.com/Secure_PDF_Reader/

Make sure it sets itselft up as your default reader.

I used always to use Foxit rather than Adobe Reader, because Adobe Reader was very heavy and slow to start.  Adobe has improved a lot so I generally use it rather than Foxit, but Foxit remains an excellent pdf reader.

iansally
Contributor
Message 22 of 28

Hi again gg30340

You will never guess!!!!!.   I did what you suggested regarding resetting my hub3, and guess what, IT WORKED.

I cannot thank you enough and all other contributors for their dogged determination to get me back up and running again.

Thanks again community

Ian.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 23 of 28

Glad it worked for you. That is normally the first thing to suggest but for some reason never thought of it till the end.

EDIT: just noticed that I did suggest this in the thread that linked you to my previous post about another poster with similar problem which is why I probably never suggested it at the beginning. Ah well as long as its sorted now.

iansally
Contributor
Message 24 of 28

Problem fixed reference my reply to gg30340 dated 17/04/13 @ 22.02hrs. Thanks for the suggestions anyway.

Ian
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 25 of 28

You may want to upgrade to IE10 and upgrade BTYahoo mail to the new version again if you haven't already done so but then again it might be best to leave things as they are! 

iansally
Contributor
Message 26 of 28

Hi again gg30340
Everything going fine at the moment thanks to you. On a slightly different angle I had a letter from SKY today (Have TV with them) stating that I could receive Total BB FREE for 12 months and after that £7.50pm which is a lot cheaper than what I am paying now. This is probably not fibre optic but the way I feel deceived when upgrading via a letter from the BT MD and seeing all my previous £9.85pm discount vanish is hard to swallow.
In a nutshell, and after only renewing my contarct with Infinity on 25th March, do you know what financial penalties I would have to take by moving to SKY or could discretion be used on BT's part.
I know you may not be in a position to answer this question, but the way I feel at the moment I question my loyalty to BT is being tested to the limit. I didn't need Infinity as I was quite happy with Total BB it's just that the offer letter was too good to be true and being a pensioner every penny counts.

I will understand if you can't or will be compromised by answering this mail.

Thank you as always
Ian.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 27 of 28

here are the cancellation charges. - if you are in cotract and only renewed in march the penalties to terminate your contract will be high

cancellation charges

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 28 of 28

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44027/kw/paper%20free/c/761,2072,2098

If you are on paper billing you could wait till this happens then leave without penalty because of change to terms and conditions.