cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
metch
Beginner
Message 1 of 14

I cannot access my btopenworld address .

Go to solution

My btopenworld address  is not openable on a newish MacBook Pro that I have bought recently.

Operating system is Mac OS El Capitan, 10.11.6.

I can access my emails on another MacBook Pro running a newer OS Capitan 10.15.7. icloud,btopenworld and btinternet.

On the bt.com site I can only read from a btinternet account. I cannot open my btopenworld account as it constantly changes my password input to that one for the btinternet address. The btopenworld account will not open with the btinternet password.

I had password issues with btopenword two years ago so bad that I had to open a new account with icloud.

What is the problem?

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 14

Re: I cannot access my btopenworld address .

Go to solution

your @btopenworld.com and btinternet.com email addresses are one in the same and not separate 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
metch
Beginner
Message 3 of 14

Go to solution

If,as you say they are the same password, why can I  NOT access my btopenworld account on the bt.com site with the btinternet password?.

Only the btinternet account is open and that is one I do not use. All my recent emails  in btopenworld are not shown.

Over to you!!

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 14

Go to solution

I can assure you xxxx@btinternet.com  is exactly the same as xxxx@btopenworld.com  as far as email addresses are concerned. For the purposes of BTID, they will be different as it is just a text string.

If you go to the Mail login page here  you can enter either xxxx@btinternet.com or xxxx@btopenworld.com with the same password and either will work.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 14

Go to solution

Just for clarity, can you confirm that your BTOpenworld email account is a completely different email account from your BTInternet email account. ie the part before @btinternet and btopenworld is different on both of them.

0 Ratings
metch
Beginner
Message 6 of 14

Go to solution

Your suspicion is correct. In btinternet the dot is missing between my initial and my surname. But when I enter my address with the dot in it btopenworld does not open!!!!!!

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 14

Go to solution

Forget Btopenworld, just use Btinternet for both addresses.

0 Ratings
metch
Beginner
Message 8 of 14

Go to solution

That doesn't help at all.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 14

Go to solution

If it is your web browser that is changing your email password when you try to enter it and assuming it has auto stored the password have you tried going into your browser's settings and going to the stored passwords and delete the ones that are stored for the email accounts.

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 14

Go to solution

@metch 

It does.

Btopenworld addresses are exactly the same as btinternet addresses. Instead of entering xxxx@btopenworld for the address that doesn't work simply enter the same address but with @btinternet.com instead.

0 Ratings