cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 6

I cannot send emails from Outlook on my Mac.

I am a former yahoo user and have had to move to BT mail. I can send emails from BTmail but not from Outlook on my Mac. Have looked through all the help and carried out all guidance including Outlook setup. Cannot find the authentification instruction???

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: I cannot send emails from Outlook on my Mac.

Do you mean you can't find the Authentication setting within Outlook or you don't know what to set it to? If the former, it is under More settings > Outgoing server on the Windows version of Outlook. If the latter, it should be set to Authentication required, plain text (not SPA)

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 6

not sure what I'm trying to do. I'm on Outlook for Mac not PC. Just want to send my emails as I used to.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

Yes I know you are on a MAC, but not being familiar with Outlook on a Mac I was just assuming the interface would probably be the same as the Windows version.

The settings you need are listed here  you will need to work out where they are configured in the Mac version of Outlook. You specifically asked about authentication which is a function of the Outgoing server portion and should be set to plain.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 6

Thank you yes I have already read and implemented all relevant in the link you sent and also the Outlook help link BT provide but it won't send emails. any other suggestions?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

There is sometimes a problem with the different servers syncing passwords. This can often be overcome by first stopping Outlook so that it doesn't attempt to connect to the server, change your password in webmail, wait at least an hour (important, to give the servers opportunity to sync) and then attempt to connect with Outlook with your new password.

0 Ratings