cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Revev
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

I have been told that I need to activate my email account for html, how do I do this?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: I have been told that I need to activate my email account for html, how do I do this?

Where have you been told this ?

If it was by email it is more than likely a scam. Do not click on any links in the email .

0 Ratings
Revev
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Re: I have been told that I need to activate my email account for html, how do I do this?

Hi thanks for the reply, it’s not a scam it’s from a legit company that wants to send me monthly reminders regarding an account I have with them. 

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

You don't activate anything in your BT email account.

The company should send you an email with a link to reply to which should verify your email address to them.

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

I suspect the OP is receiving HTML emails that are possibly blocked and need to be allowed. Not sure how that is achieved in webmail. It would, of course, be preferable for the sender to send in plain text rather than HTML in the first place.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

You are probably correct. I suspect that HTML emails are blocked by BT. I do not know of a way to unblock them on BT email.

0 Ratings
New_To_UK
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 7

HTML emails are not blocked. For BT Mail,  it’s a user setting for Block Images on webmail which is found under settings on the top right corner where you can enable for all emails.

otherwise you can click show images on the top right for the email only.

BT yahoo have also started enabling images by default on their webmail some months ago.