cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

I have changed my password but every time I log on to I have to enter the new p/w

Go to solution

I use Firefox,windows 10 and a desktop.How do I save the log on password so I dont have to type in the new password

every time ?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: I have changed my password but every time I log on to I have to enter the new p/w

Go to solution

It is your browser that saves password not BT.

You need to open Firefox then go to the menu bar and select "Tools > Settings > Privacy & Security > then go to Passwords and make sure the boxes Ask to Save Passwords, Fill Usernames & Password Automatically are ticked.

Message 3 of 5

Re: I have changed my password but every time I log on to I have to enter the new p/w

Go to solution

Thanks for the info.All the boxes you mentioned are already ticked.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Check that your BT log on and password are in the Firefox list. If they are delete them then delete the history cookies from Firefox. Close Firefox and when you reopen it and try to log onto BT it should offer to save them again.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Before trying your latest advice I did this.Before logging on and entering my new password after being told it was incorrect I did this.I deleted the existing dots representing the password then entered the new password.This worked , I was then asked whether I want to update the password , I clicked on that now I do not have to enter it every time I log on.

0 Ratings