cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wgorr74
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 11

I have had help from BT's email department to access my email. It isn't working again today.

I have been without direct access to my email since December 15th. My old password took me to a 'BT is loading please wait' page, followed by a blank screen. If I tried the return button I might eventually reach my email page, but it wasnt loaded correctly. With BT help and a new password  It worked yesterday. Today it has returned to what it has been since December 15th. 

Is anyone dealing with the same problem? 

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: I have had help from BT's email department to access my email. It isn't working again today.

What browser are you using and have you tried a different one?

0 Ratings
wgorr74
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 11

Re: I have had help from BT's email department to access my email. It isn't working again today.

I have a Mac and use Safari.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 11

Have you tried a different browser?

What happens when you try to log in via this link?

BT Email

Are you able to access your BT email using a browser on another device?

Are you able to access your email by logging onto your MyBT and going to "Manage Extras" then "Manage BT Mail"  then "Go to Inbox" ?

0 Ratings
wgorr74
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 11

I found my email without any problems when I logged on at 3.30pm. Just by using my username and password. I was delighted, ready to apologise for wasting your time and then when I retried at 4.10pm I ended up again with the blank page (British Telecoms at the top). Your BT Email link takes me to the same blank page. Thank you very much for the other ideas. Will now try them.

0 Ratings
wgorr74
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 11

Unfortunately my computer doesnt work that way. I now have the blank page for a few seconds then I receive a BT advert and a box to click on asking if I'm a new customer! The person who tried to help me over the phone suggested the problem may be due to cookies, but I don't know how to remove them from a Mac. I just want to be able to receive my email continuosly.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 11

See link how to clear the cache and cookies from Safari

https://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/mac-software/safari-cache-mac-3496193/

0 Ratings
wgorr74
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 11

There were no cookies to clear from Safari (thanks for the link). I have left the email alone for a few days in the hope it might repair itself. It hasn't and I am now back in the same position. I don't  use my email very often but it can be useful. Can anyone help me to retrieve it? I have a hearing loss and it is not easy to understand what the BT help are saying over the phone.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Hi @wgorr74,

I am sorry to see you have had problems accessing your emails. Can you try a different browser other than Safari on your Mac to see if you can get into it ok? Also, do you have access to another device other than your Mac to see if you can get in ok?

Thanks

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
wgorr74
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 11

Thanks for the reply. I can use Google but I believe that it goes through Safari. I have no access to my email through my phone, neither has my wife through her phone. We both have problems with hearing loss. I am hoping someone on this site can help us. Just getting the BT is loading message followed by a blank screen. I beleve the technician said he could see my emails. Unfortunately I can't.  

0 Ratings