cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stano
Beginner
Message 1 of 13

I keep being told one of my bt Internet sub accounts is not recognised so I can’t log into it.

Go to solution

One of my bt Internet email sub accounts is telling me on the log in page that the email address isn’t recognised. 

Pits been doing this for a while. 

Help. 

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
New_To_UK
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 13

Re: I keep being told one of my bt Internet sub accounts is not recognised so I can’t log into it.

Go to solution
Is the error staring with “please check you have entered your username and password correctly and try again”? Or if not can you post the exact error?
0 Ratings
Stano
Beginner
Message 3 of 13

Re: I keep being told one of my bt Internet sub accounts is not recognised so I can’t log into it.

Go to solution

0 Ratings
Stano
Beginner
Message 4 of 13

Go to solution
On the log in page I enter the email address..
Hit "Next" and the message
"Sorry, we don't recognise this email address" in red lettering appears.
That's as far as I can get.
0 Ratings
Andy_N
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 13

Go to solution

@Stanowrote:
On the log in page I enter the email address..
Hit "Next" and the message
"Sorry, we don't recognise this email address" in red lettering appears.
That's as far as I can get.

Hi.

When did you last access the account?

Stano
Beginner
Message 6 of 13

Go to solution
It's been a few months I would think
0 Ratings
Andy_N
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 13

Go to solution

@Stanowrote:
It's been a few months I would think

Unfortunately that means the account will have been deleted. If the account isn't accessed for 90 days, then a further 60 days enable it to be reinstated - then it is deleted I'm afraid.

Stano
Beginner
Message 8 of 13

Go to solution
Oh **bleep**.. Cheers Andy.
0 Ratings
New_To_UK
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 13

Go to solution
Hi,
Hold up - it may have not been deleted yet. There is a different error for deleted addresses.

Are you sure about that error message specifically saying “We don’t recognise your email address” or does it say “We don’t recognise your details”?

I’m almost so sure the error message you are saying doesn’t exist so please could you check and post back?
0 Ratings
Stano
Beginner
Message 10 of 13

Go to solution
It definitely says "Sorry, we don't recognise this email address"
I spoke to a guy in the BT email department and he confirmed to me that the email address has been cancelled.
Sigh..
0 Ratings