cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
SUSIE199
Message 1 of 8

I keep getting re-directed to bt.com when trying to access my E-Mails on my yahoo.co.uk account.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES
Cris101
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 8

Re: I keep getting re-directed to bt.com when trying to access my E-Mails on my yahoo.co.uk account.

If you are logging in with bt Internet email address then it is as it should be
0 Ratings
Tan1
Message 3 of 8

Re: I keep getting re-directed to bt.com when trying to access my E-Mails on my yahoo.co.uk account.

I have been experiencing exactly the same problem over the last couple of days *(coincidentally since We upgraded out BT broadband package!)

I have a yahoo account which is 30 years old.  I have never had to access it or login in through the BT site.

I cannot get in touch with Yahoo as customer service is nil here in UK.

I have spoken to BT and they were completely unable to help me or understand the problem. 

Can anyone from BT look at this and help out please or has anyone else any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 8

Hi.

This (these) fault(s) need moderator assistance, as this has happened before.

You could try a different browser to confirm the issue.

However, use of a mail client (totally recommended - not least as a backup) will overcome the problem. But if you need to use a browser, then behind the scenes changes need to be made.

0 Ratings
Tan1
Message 5 of 8

Thanks for the reply Andy.

Yes I have tried different browsers, devices, deleted cookies etc but nothing appears to work.

I am desperate to get this sorted so I can work!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 8

@Tan1wrote:

Thanks for the reply Andy.

Yes I have tried different browsers, devices, deleted cookies etc but nothing appears to work.

I am desperate to get this sorted so I can work!

Have a look at this thread :-

https://community.bt.com/t5/Email/BT-Yahoo-Suddenly-hijacking-my-Yahoo-email/m-p/1740035#M51237

Unfortunately Simon never came back with an answer for the reason, or how to contact Yahoo. I find that very poor as it helps no-one with a future similar issue that you're facing.

0 Ratings
JohnnyT42
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 8

I notice several comments both here and via Google that logging in to BtYahoo mail accounts are being redirected back to BT mail login page. This is happening to me since a few days ago. When I then login via the BT page I get an apology that something went wrong and are redirected back to the login form. I complete this and try again with success. This happens every time I log in, send the form twice and all is OK.

Now then factor in that you cannot set up email forwarding in BtYahoo I have now decided to bin this dreadful system and migrate to Gmail. Yes this will give me some work to do in informing all my contacts, subscription sites etc. but boy it will be worth it as I will also be free to move my broadband account and not be tied into BT anymore.

I am fed up with big companies treating what should be valued customers as simply numbers. I also understand that I will be able to escape dreadful targeting advertising which I try and block from Yahoo. To receive advertising from a service I pay for ie. BtYahoo is not acceptable.

So in many ways I am thankful for this latest BtYahoo issue to show me the light...

John.

0 Ratings
DonnyB
Beginner
Message 8 of 8

I have a similar related problem logging into my btinternet email account via Yahoo.  It worked fine for years up until two days ago when I started  finding after inputting my email addy  on the first screen and checking 'stay signed in' I get redirected to a BT login screen for the password but it now appears to lose the stay signed in option.  Consequently I keep getting a 'session timed out' message which means I have to keep logging back in to receive my  messages.

I had a frustrating exchange of messages with a useless chatline operator who spouted some garbage about "security" implemented by the "back end team" whoever they are.  Why they had to meddle in something which probably wasn't any of their business anyway since the service is still hosted on Yahoo escapes me.

I've sent in a formal complaint in the hope somebody does something about it: the more customers who do this, the more likely BT are to sit up and take notice.

0 Ratings