cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SUSIE199
Beginner
Message 11 of 18

Re: My E-Mail automatically defaults to bt.com, as soon as I type in my E-Mail address in yahoo.co.u

Hi,

I haven’t been contacted by anyone. I am a yahoo.co.uk. customer with a btopenworld/ btinternet.com E-Mail address. It has defaulted to bt.com before when I haven’t logged out from my E-Mail somewhere else (e.g. a mobile phone), but to my knowledge, I’ve logged out of it, but it still defaults to bt.com.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 18

Re: My E-Mail automatically defaults to bt.com, as soon as I type in my E-Mail address in yahoo.co.u

If you are using a BTopenworld/btinternet.com email address you can no longer use the Yahoo log on page. You have to use the correct log on page which is the BT page as per this link

BT Email

See message 7 from the moderator in this thread.

https://community.bt.com/t5/Email/BT-yahoo-mail/td-p/1879964

0 Ratings
SUSIE199
Beginner
Message 13 of 18

Still can’t get into my E-Mail. It says I’m not logged onto my E-Mail, but when 

I type in the exact same E-Mail and password, nothing happens. I still can’t access my E-Mails.

0 Ratings
SUSIE199
Beginner
Message 14 of 18

Still can’t get into my E-Mail. It says I’m not currently logged onto my E-Mail, but when 

I type in the exact same E-Mail and password, nothing happens. I still can’t access my E-Mails.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 15 of 18

@SUSIE199wrote:

Hi,

I haven’t been contacted by anyone. I am a yahoo.co.uk. customer with a btopenworld/ btinternet.com E-Mail address. It has defaulted to bt.com before when I haven’t logged out from my E-Mail somewhere else (e.g. a mobile phone), but to my knowledge, I’ve logged out of it, but it still defaults to bt.com.

Hi.

Are you using :-

https://mail.yahoo.com

when trying to login for the yahoo account? If you do logout of all shown accounts, and try again.

I seem to recall the yahoo app can cause some form of confusion, but I'm not sure how that affects things or what to do ...

0 Ratings
SUSIE199
Beginner
Message 16 of 18

I’m just going to have to log in at bt.com. Thanks for your help.

0 Ratings
tickhill
Expert
Message 17 of 18

If I have followed the discussion correctly those having issues are trying to login from a Yahoo Home page.

My Home page is https://uk.yahoo.com/ - so a Yahoo homepage

If I click (top right hand corner) on login and insert my email address @btinternet.com then the page diverts to the BT Email login page showing the email address and asking for the password.  If I then enter the password one of two things happen

(1) It takes me to the email for that address @btinternet.com or sometimes

(2) It takes me back to the Yahoo home page indicating that I am signed in and if, at that point I then click on MAIL in the top righthand corner it takes me to my BTYahoo mail @btinternet.com

Quite why it works in two ways I'm not sure but the end result is that I do get to my BTYahoo mail platform.

Hope that may help for some of you.

Incidentally - as mentioned earlier - once you logout of that browser it is necessary to login on next visit - the "keep me logged in" doesn't appear to do what it's label says - like so many things these days!!!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
tickhill
Expert
Message 18 of 18

Sadly the processes I mention above have once more stopped working

All I get, however I try is the standard message about The server at samlfed.bt.com is taking too long to respond.

0 Ratings