cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MattKensington
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 45

Re: I'm unable to send/receive btinternet.com emails using mail clients

Hi everyone, I've had the same issue - overnight emails would not download into IOS, android or microsoft apps. Oddly, emails I have sent from the web server will download into the apps. I suspect BT have changed security settings or some other bug - helpdesk were not helpfully (and very rude). Any update from BT on this issue, thanks

0 Ratings
Cassie
Contributor
Message 12 of 45

I never heard back from B.T. and as I replied earlier after changing from Mavericks to Sierra , everything seemed to clear.
Probably just a coincidence as my daughter in another county had exactly the same problem, her iMac suddenly cleared overnight and she was back to normal.
However i did have another blip 2 days ago, no mail coming into desktop and then an hour later they all suddenly came in. Weird.
0 Ratings
MattKensington
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 45

oddly I deleted my account on my pc, then reloaded. 1 days worth of emails downloaded overnight. but nothing since.

BT - this is an issue at your end. Can you please look at this closely and post a reply, even a holding response. thanks

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 45

Hi @MattKensington and welcome.

Can you please send me over your details and I'll take a look at this for you. You'll get the contact the moderators link in my profile. We're very busy at present so it's taking longer than expected to reply but once you submit the details we'll get to you in turn.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
MattKensington
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 45

Thanks david, I will whats the best way to do that? Wasn't obvious to me

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 45

Hi @MattKensington,

If you click on my profile you'll see ***click here to contact the moderators***. Just complete and submit that webform and we'll take it from there.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Lochar24
Beginner
Message 17 of 45

I have not been able to receive or send e mails since Wednesday. I have a btinternet.com e mail address. Keep getting passed from one person to another when trying to amend.?
0 Ratings
Cassie
Contributor
Message 18 of 45

This topic is like "groundhog day".
I don't know of anyone here who has been sorted out by B.T. and even if the mods are contacted with the problem, nobody gets back in touch with a solution or an explanation.
It seems in some cases the problem sorts itself out, but mine took nearly a month.
good luck and perhaps read all above questions and replies.
0 Ratings
MattKensington
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 45

Lochar24, for me the BT app (Android) and website mail (BT yahoo site) are working, just not the Apps - have you tried this?

Your timing is same as mine being Wednesday. Probably theerfore many others. I had a similar experience with call centres - no idea what was going on. Its pretty obvious BT have changed something in security settings or something else is wrong - they need to addrss this 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Lochar24
Beginner
Message 20 of 45

Matt, I use 2 I phones and 1 I pad. The mail app not working. Tried to log in through by yahoo site and it just says my password incorrect all the time. Bt chat has changed my password which i wasn't happy about but gave it a try but everything still not working.
0 Ratings