cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

I mark some emails as spam but further emails still go to my inbox (I am on webmail)

Its almost as if marking emails in my inbox as spam is not working (or not supported). I continue to get the same senders emails arriving in my inbox clogging it up. I use a simple webmail client.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Message 2 of 7

Re: I mark some emails as spam but further emails still go to my inbox (I am on webmail)

Hi @bilners,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for posting.

Sorry that you are still receiving spam emails after making emails as spam. 

You have mentioned that you are using a simple webmail client. Have you tried logging to BT Mail webmail and marking the emails as spam within webmail?

Thanks

Matt

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Re: I mark some emails as spam but further emails still go to my inbox (I am on webmail)

Hi Matt - that is what I am doing - but with no success 😞   The mails I mark go into spam, I even clear out the spam and I then get another email in my inbox from the same sender. It happens everyday since the new style BT mail came out  a few months ago.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 7

Hi @bilners, thanks for posting back. If it the same sender and it's not going to the spam folder it's likely it's a spoofed email address. Have a look at BT Mail Anti-Spam features and either setting up filters or using the block sender options should help you with this.

cheers
John

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

Thanks John - I have set up some rules for the worst offenders. I am getting spam from many sites I was previously interested in so I doubt they are spoofing me. It's more likely that the functionality to 'mark as spam' is not working correctly or how it was working before. It sends documents to spam but doesn't remember any thing I have done from one day to the next 😞 I really wanted the ability to set them as spam using your buttons rather than the more complex rules approach and for my actions to be remembered.

Do you envisage that the 'mark as spam' button would remember what I decided was spam just for me and automatically do this in future (like it used to) for me, or has the functionality changed in some way ?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

I am getting very fed up with BT Mail. Even the rules that I have set up are not always enforced and items I wanted to go to Spam are coming through to my inbox. I am giving up on BT Mail and will convert to GMail. I cannot waste any more time on this.  😞

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 7

@bilnerswrote:

I am getting very fed up with BT Mail. Even the rules that I have set up are not always enforced and items I wanted to go to Spam are coming through to my inbox. I am giving up on BT Mail and will convert to GMail. I cannot waste any more time on this.  😞

Do you have to use webmail?

A dedicated mail client usually has much better user filtering.

It does depend on what rules you've got set, and whether they interfere with each other. Of course, spammers know that people set up filters to do certain things, and therefore is it possible that the spam you are seeing might look the same - but they are slightly different each time. Some characters look the same - for example l and I ... depending on how you're reading this. Those two charaters are lower case "L" and upper case "i".

0 Ratings