cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BobProctor
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 3

I now have difficulty manually filing Inbox Mail items into Folders - there's no Folder Scroll Bar

Go to solution

I am experiencing much laborious difficulty when manually filing Inbox Mail items into Folders because there is now no Scroll Bar to the RHS of the Folder List. This filing action requires using the Folder List which appears to the RHS of the screen page, having clicked on More/Move to/ My Folders and then selected Move to.

A Scroll Bar used to allow me to quickly move down to a Folder on the Folder List which might be alphabetically near to the bottom of the Folder's alphabetical list and then I could select the pertinent Folder to complete the Move.

BT Yahoo Mail did have such a Scroll Bar on its 'Move to' My Folders section but the new BT Mail has removed it.

Just imagine having a Folder List of 99+ items and having to manually choose a folder beginning with, say 'S'.  without a Scroll Bar to help you, doing this on a long list takes forever!

I would like to request the 'My Folder's' Scroll Bar be re-instated.

Also,

Having 'Ticked' an Email, the new 'Move to' selection process is also extremely clumsy to use (in comparison to what we had before). I have to 'Hover Over' the Menu Items for selection and when actually selecting a Folder to complete my move, I also have to keep my finger down on my mouse's 'Left Click' button when moving down my whole Folder list. My own Folder list is quite long and it is so easy to lose scrolling control during all of this new clumsiness. 

On the old BT Yahoo Mail system, 'Move' was sensibly a Main Menu choice selection. Now it is a minor subsidiary choice menu selection facility.

It is not satisfactory to use only the small 'down pointer' at the bottom of the RHS Folder List. This mail filing activity now takes me forever. 

I would like to request the 'Move to' My Folders' Menu choosing facility to be speeded up. 

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: I now have difficulty manually filing Inbox Mail items into Folders - there's no Folder Scroll B

Go to solution

@BobProctor wrote:

I am experiencing much laborious difficulty when manually filing Inbox Mail items into Folders because there is now no Scroll Bar to the RHS of the Folder List. This filing action requires using the Folder List which appears to the RHS of the screen page, having clicked on More/Move to/ My Folders and then selected Move to. 

A Scroll Bar used to allow me to quickly move down to a Folder on the Folder List which might be alphabetically near to the bottom of the Folder's alphabetical list and then I could select the pertinent Folder to complete the Move.

BT Yahoo Mail did have such a Scroll Bar on its 'Move to' My Folders section but the new BT Mail has removed it.

Just imagine having a Folder List of 99+ items and having to manually choose a folder beginning with, say 'S'.  without a Scroll Bar to help you, doing this on a long list takes forever! What browser are you using. I have checked on Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Opera and there is a scroll bar on the right hand side of the list of folders and this can be moved by either using a mouse scroll wheel, using the up down arrow in the scroll bar or by clicking and holding on to the scroll bar and and sliding it up and down.

You do not need to use the "More" button to move emails. You can select multiple emails and then drag and drop into your selected folder. 

I would like to request the 'My Folder's' Scroll Bar be re-instated.

Also,

Having 'Ticked' an Email, the new 'Move to' selection process is also extremely clumsy to use (in comparison to what we had before). I have to 'Hover Over' the Menu Items for selection and when actually selecting a Folder to complete my move, I also have to keep my finger down on my mouse's 'Left Click' button when moving down my whole Folder list. My own Folder list is quite long and it is so easy to lose scrolling control during all of this new clumsiness. See above about drag and drop.

On the old BT Yahoo Mail system, 'Move' was sensibly a Main Menu choice selection. Now it is a minor subsidiary choice menu selection facility.

It is not satisfactory to use only the small 'down pointer' at the bottom of the RHS Folder List. This mail filing activity now takes me forever. 

I would like to request the 'Move to' My Folders' Menu choosing facility to be speeded up. 

0 Ratings
BobProctor
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: I now have difficulty manually filing Inbox Mail items into Folders - there's no Folder Scroll B

Go to solution
Thank you for your very quick reply and solution to my problem.
I've tried what you advised and am so pleased.
I did notice, that when 'Dragging & Dropping', you get to see a Red 'No Entry' sign and/or a Green 'Tick', thereby showing you whether the Drag & Drop' is being successful.
ie. Get the Green Tick and you're done with the Drop. Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy - when you know how to do it. Several e-mails at a time too.
0 Ratings