cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
clackers
Contributor
Message 1 of 9

I want to change my primary email address

And a google search brought me here to this forum, so I've joined a forum to get something done as I can see the other posters have had the same issue resolved after posting on here. 

I did start a job on my BT account and got the courtesy email but its been left unresolved and ignored as was expected to be honest. 

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Guru
Message 2 of 9

Re: I want to change my primary email address

Contact the forum mods.   At: http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4951 . But be aware they take 3 working days to reply: sometimes more if busy, but they usually get things sorted.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 9

If you want to change your primary email address you will need to contact the helpdesk on 0800 111 4567, you will need to answer security questions. If that doesn't work then come back to the forum and ask the moderators to help. They can be contacted via this link. It can take them 3 days to get back to you.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4951

0 Ratings
clackers
Contributor
Message 4 of 9

I tried the phone number for a quick resolution to this, got a nice young lady who said she had done it while I was on the line but I've waited and logged in and checked and it hasn't been done.
0 Ratings
clackers
Contributor
Message 5 of 9

I had already filled in the 'contact us' form so will have to wait and see if that can complete my request. 

Thanks guys

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 9

While it should be done quickly, give it 24 hours, I've heard before that setting up emails isn't instant, and if it hasn't changed give them a call back or contact the moderators to see if they can help.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 9

the mods can take 3 working days to contact you

it is always possible that the email address you want to change to is already in use

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
clackers
Contributor
Message 8 of 9

This issue is still unresolved
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 9

then contact the mods again 

contact mods

can take up to 3 working days for mods to contact you

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings