Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Borse2008
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

IMAP Service - Outlook Client with Btinternet.com addresses

Can someone from BT community please inform me what is or what has happened about this, since Friday the IMAP service on Outlook has been dropped and im unable to setup or continue using my BTmail account with Outlook.

There was a known outage affecting issues with webmail and clients but still wont connect.  Ive used and tested all of the settings with two seperate networks and computers,  webmail has been checked and is working so i know passwords are working.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: IMAP Service - Outlook Client with Btinternet.com addresses

When you say you are "unable to set up or continue using my BTmail account"  does that mean that you deleted the account from Outlook when it was not working?

If that is the case I would suggest that if you can send/receive via webmail that you try the following:

First thing to try is restarting your Homehub. When it re-starts it may put you onto a different email server that works although if you have tried on a different network this is unlikely to help.

If that doesn't work make sure that Outlook has the correct settings as per the link at the end of this message. 

If they are correct, switch off or stop all your devices that access your email account such as mobile phones from polling for your email  and also stop Outlook from polling for your email. You can do this by  just changing the email address in your email account settings by adding a 1 to the end.

Change your webmail email password then ensure that you can access your email account and that it can still send and receive emails.

Wait at least 30 minutes to an hour before changing Outlook back to the correct email address and add the new password.

Check that Outlook is working before moving onto the next device if you have any.

Ensure that you are using the correct settings via this link and set the email accounts up manually rather than using the email wizard.

https://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44917/kw/bt%20mail/c/6591

0 Ratings
Borse2008
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: IMAP Service - Outlook Client with Btinternet.com addresses

Outlook has all of the correct settings as per the info on the how to guide. Webmail launches fine. It's specifically outlook that doesn't like using IMAP on the bt email settings. 

0 Ratings