Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
grayee
Aspiring Contributor
Message 31 of 52

Re: IMAP changed to 200 message limit?

This is the latest BT Yahoo **bleep** up. Just when I thought they had finally sorted out the "change your password" fiasco - this happens. What a waste of space both companies are

0 Ratings
STX1300man
Contributor
Message 32 of 52

Still not fixed!

All the folders I have created in my account are still syncing as 200. And one folder has 200 in it on the server and none on the client. Yet when I "sync all" they all report as being in step with the IMAP information received. Grrrrrrrrr.

Please don't tell me I need to remove the account from my client and redefine it to do a full download (several gigs) to get this all back in step.

0 Ratings
nickfair
Beginner
Message 33 of 52

Has anyone else  noticed the 200 limit was taken off over the weekend?  All my folders refilled.  Then about 8 this morning the limit was reintroduced and my folders again started draining before my eyes.

I was on the phone complaining to BT at about 10.30 when the limit was clearly again removed and my folders started to refill which they are still doing.

BT are swearing blind it's nothing to do with them and that the web is full of posts about issues with IMAP syncing between outlook and other servers - but I can't find any, not one.

It feels like this is a restriction introduced by BT to manage traffic volume.

0 Ratings
rongalbraith
Aspiring Contributor
Message 34 of 52

Hi @nickfair,

This was a restriction imposed by BT or BT!Yahoo and they claimed it was the result of a fault somewhere.  It's since been resolved.  I logged a fault call with the on Friday and my mailboxes were fixed Friday/Saturday but it seems it was like a more manual fix than expected as it took a very long time to clear.

0 Ratings
STX1300man
Contributor
Message 35 of 52

This seems to be the standard way BT and other ISPs manage problems ... tell the customers nothing and blame their PC/tablets/software etc. Smiley Mad

I managed to get my account full synced again in the early hours of this morning by creating new folders and moving mail from existing folders to them using webmail, and then re-syncing. I did it this way to avoid a full resync of some other large folders that hadn't been mesed up by the sync issue (still had to download a couple of gig!).

The prolem is still ongoing. My phone is continually trying to get back in sync, with mesages appering/disappearing and I have clients with BT/Sky accounts ringing up confused why their phone/tablet/PC says it is downloading thousands of emails while their hard disk is being thrashed and the device is as good as unuasble. Meanwhile both ISPs are completely silent on the matter!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 36 of 52

Glad I still rely on good old POP3!!

0 Ratings
iainse
Beginner
Message 37 of 52

I also chased this on Friday and raised a call. It cleared up, but has definately re-appeared this morning.

0 Ratings
nickfair
Beginner
Message 38 of 52

And now all my folders, which were busily refilling after the 200 limit was removed, have all just reverted to the 200 (plus any new since last sync).

Come on BT get this fixed, you're wasting people's time.  Not to mention gigs of data that are downloading unnecessarily.

Just do it!

0 Ratings
rongalbraith
Aspiring Contributor
Message 39 of 52

Has everyone who has a problem logged a fault with BT?  I've had no further issues (fingers crossed) since I logged a fault and asked them to sort it out.

0 Ratings
Message 40 of 52

Hi Everyone,

I'm really sorry about the problems with your BT Email 200 message limit.  We've raised this with the email team and it's currently being investigated by Yahoo. We'll post back here as soon as we have any updates.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings