I keep getting the message:

Details: 

IMAP4rev1 Server logging out

Protocol:              IMAP

Server:mail.btinternet.com

Port:      993

Error Code:         0x800CCCDD

This happens on all my Outlook email accounts on a Windows 7 (64) desktop PC

If I click OK, my send/receive works fine and I can send and receive test messages from my Outlook troubleshooter as well. It's just a pain in the neck. The problem occurred starting last week (Windows update?)

My BT email works fine on my iPhone and iPad.

How can I resolve this issue?  Thanks.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: IMAP server error

Go to solution

Hi CaptainPat,

If you need help with your email, I'll be able to look into this for you. Please send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
CaptainPat
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

I tried replying to your email, but this was not accepted as it was from my BT internet email address!!!! 

I'll try once more. I tried the various things that you suggested. I then deleted my account *******@btinternet.com and added a new one: ********@btinternet.com.

I set it up from your crib sheet for Outlook 2010.

Settting up a POP3 accound, the test was unsuccessful.

Setting up an IMAP account, the test was successful, but I still keep getting frequent messages "your IMAP server has closed the connection". Other than that, my outlook email works.

Looking on variuos fora, there seem to be many people suffering this problem. Is it to do with BT's very slow migration from Yahoo mail to BT mail?

I really would like to get this problem solved.

Thanks, Pat Manley

0 Ratings
CaptainPat
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Patrick,

I am now really confused. My thread seems to say that my problem has been solved, but the solution doesn't apply to me, nor was it posted by me.

I have now deleted both other email addresses from my Outlook account, so that only mine *************@btinternet.com and its data file and the Outlook data file are all that remains. I'm still using Scheduled send/receive. However, I'm still getting multiple messagesthat my IMAP server has closed the connection.

Thanks, Pat Manley

0 Ratings
CaptainPat
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Patrick,

When sending/receiving, emails are sent and recieved but then I get an error message:

Task 'Synchronizing subscribed folders for ********@btinternet.com.' reported error (0x800CCC0F) : 'Outlook cannot synchronize subscribed folders for ********@btinternet.com. Error: The TCP/IP connection was unexpectedly terminated by the server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

Does this help the diagnosis?

Pat Manley

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Hi Pat,

Thanks for posting. I can see Paddy dropped you an email on the 07/09/14. Are you getting an error message when trying top reply to him? Can you try using a different email address?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
CaptainPat
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Hi David,

I had an email two days ago saying that my Yahoo account had at last been transferred to BT Mail.

Since then there has been no reoccurrence of the error message.

Rubbish Yahoo?

Best wishes, Thanks,

Pat Manley

0 Ratings
frimton
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution
I have the identical problem and BT say they are unaware of this!
I have now lodged a formal complaint with them.
0 Ratings