cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
steveb3258
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

IP address

Having trouble with my IP address being blacklisted on PBL. Have changed address, no difference. Can you change the range of IP address. Incoming mail no problems, seems to be SMTP for outgoing. Using Thunderbird client.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Andy_N
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 5

Re: IP address

Hi, welcome to the forums.

You will probably find all dynamic IP addresses are on the PBL. That is by default and correct.

Do you have an exact error message? (Remove all personal info before posting a report)

0 Ratings
steveb3258
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Hi Andy

Thanks for your reply, the error message reads.

An error occured while sending mail. The mail server responded: Sorry we couldn't send your message. The network address your device has been assigned, is on an industry blacklist to prevent Spam. The problem should be addressed by your service provider. Please try again later, or use webmail. Please verify that your e-mail address is correct in your account settings and try again.

I have tried all different settings and used Spamhaus, which tells me it is on the PBL list.

Rebooted modem to give new IP, but problem still exists.

0 Ratings
Andy_N
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 5

@steveb3258wrote:

Hi Andy

Thanks for your reply, the error message reads.

An error occured while sending mail. The mail server responded: Sorry we couldn't send your message. The network address your device has been assigned, is on an industry blacklist to prevent Spam. The problem should be addressed by your service provider. Please try again later, or use webmail. Please verify that your e-mail address is correct in your account settings and try again.

I have tried all different settings and used Spamhaus, which tells me it is on the PBL list.

Rebooted modem to give new IP, but problem still exists.

A few questions to follow :-

Are you a BT Broadband customer? Are you using a VPN? Are you in the UK?

What settings are you using, and what have you tried?

0 Ratings
steveb3258
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Hi Andy

Yes I am a bt Broadband Customer. I have AVG VPN, and I am in the UK>

I have stopped using Thunderbird, with SMTP settings SSL normal password, port 465.

Have changed back to Outlook 2007 using port 25.

So far it is better, but still will not send now and again.

Contacted BT, and they told me to use Webmail, which I would, but like a combined Inbox.

Have found my IP address is on the PBL list, and can't get taken off, because they say my SMTP settings are wrong.

0 Ratings