Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Albie4464
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

IPad mail app no longer working with BT email

Go to solution

My iPad mail app is having problems with BT Email for the last week. Very frequently I get a message BT server mail.btinternet.com is not responding check settings. All was well until about a week ago, I have deleted the account several times but have great problems  adding the email account frequently seeing BT server not responding. I have no problems on my PC using Windows Live mail or my Android phone. The iPad is one of the first and no longer gets any updates and states that IOS 9.3.5 is up to date.

Occasionally BT mail will be received on the iPad and I can get it using Safari or Chrome 

Is the problem with BT or Apple?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
vintagewireless
Contributor
Message 2 of 4

Re: IPad mail app no longer working with BT email

Go to solution

Same problem here on the ipad email client and on  another of the family in a different location.  Sending and replying is inconsistent.  One reply came back to the same account inbox!  iPad email client has exhibited starnge behaviour recently in that when deleting inbox items you get a drop down choice of "sent items" or "other mailbox" rather than all of the folders appearing on the left.  Has anyone else seen this.  I think this only occurs with gmail and not bt mail where a delete icon appears at the top.

0 Ratings
Albie4464
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

I don't know what has happened but for some unknown reason everything is now working normally for a few days now.
A few days ago I was able to reenter the account in the iPad email app and since then have had no problems.

0 Ratings
vintagewireless
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Ok here now as well.  Also found I can have a dustbin icon instead of an archive icon. Settings- Passwords and accounts-gmail-account- advanced.

0 Ratings